Author Topic: We Only Have Three And A Half Days To Stop Climate Change  (Read 350 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We Only Have Three And A Half Days To Stop Climate Change
« on: May 06, 2019, 04:50:32 pm »
If we don't surrender our rights and hand control of the economy over to the state, the world will pretty much be over by Tuesday morning.

May 3, 2019 By David Marcus   

Climate change is in the news again. Earlier this year, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D–NY) warned us that we have only 12 years to address the harm that human beings are doing to the planet. Last week, Beto O’Rourke amended that, suggesting we have only 10 years. Now, I don’t want to scare anyone, but according to my calculations that I arrived at by reading science, both Beto and Ocasio-Cortez are looking at this problem through rose-colored glasses. In fact, the world has precisely three and a half days to change its ways or it will basically be destroyed.

As I write this, it is 1:45 pm on Friday May 3rd. By sometime in the midmorning on Tuesday, if we don’t take action, Miami will be underwater, Toledo will be on fire, a swarm of locusts will descend upon Houston, and Brooklyn … well, actually Brooklyn will be fine, but that’s not the point. The point is that we have just over 72 hours to change everything we do and hand the entire economy over to the state or else we will witness an apocalypse that will make Revelations look like Sesame Street.

I know what you’re saying, you’re saying, “Dave, how can we possibly reverse the damage done by the entire two centuries of the industrial revolution by Tuesday? It’s impossible!” But when Hannibal’s elephants looked at the Alps, did they tell Hannibal they couldn’t get across them? No. When Rocky Balboa was forced to train in a drafty Russian barn and outrun KGB agents in the snow, did he say, “This is too hard?” No....

https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/03/we-only-have-three-and-a-half-days-to-stop-climate-change/?utm_source=The+Federalist+List&utm_campaign=59ac38f3ce-RSS_The_Federalist_Daily_Updates_w_Transom&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cfcb868ceb-59ac38f3ce-83928089

:scared smiley:

Offline mountaineer

Re: We Only Have Three And A Half Days To Stop Climate Change
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 04:54:35 pm »
Just great.  I've booked air and hotels for a trip in September.  Now I won't get money back, at least before it's too late to enjoy it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 04:55:55 pm »
LOL, of course, the article was written three and three quarter days ago.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 05:29:00 pm »
In which time zone will all this begin? :silly:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 05:51:28 pm »
"The Population Bomb," Paul Erlich PhD., 1968 sought to alarm us of the coming ice age, with famine and death. It was WRONG.

The Truth is, the world has experienced warmng and cooling many times, never manmade, and science cannot explain the reasons.

Here in California we are already doomed, since the bullit train was canceled. Carpool and bike lanes everywhere.

I have witnessed Environmentalist false alarms, in my town (build over an oil field.).

--Wetlands restoration was guaranteed by alarmists, to ruin the beaches and waves and habitats. Didn't happen.

--Oil dumped into the ocean by accident, guaranteed to last for decades, but Mother Nature healed herself in months instead.

These people do NOT come back admit their mistakes. They just move on to their next project to halt the economy.

Technology has been used to improve the environment, not harm it.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 08:17:43 pm »
In which time zone will all this begin? :silly:

That's racist!
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.