Author Topic: Trump sending Navy strike group to Middle East to send 'message' to Iran  (Read 288 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump sending Navy strike group to Middle East to send 'message' to Iran
by Zachary Halaschak
 | May 05, 2019 09:35 PM

The United States is deploying the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force to the Middle East region in response to “troubling and escalatory indications and warnings” from the Iranian government.

National Security Adviser John Bolton released a statement Sunday night confirming the strike group is being deployed. Bolton said the show of force would send a “clear and unmistakable message to the Iranian regime” that it cannot attack U.S. allies or interests in the region. He wrote that any attack would be “met with unrelenting force.”

“The United States is not seeking war with the Iranian regime, but we are fully prepared to respond to any attack, whether by proxy, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, or regular Iranian forces,” Bolton said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-sending-navy-strike-group-to-middle-east-to-send-message-to-iran
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Perhaps war will be inevitable??   Iran and Russia are strategic allies.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

Why can’t he just send a tweet to Iran? Be a lot cheaper.

I’m not in favor of the military being deployed to just “send a message.” Methinks the ayatollahs welcome the attention, distracts the Iranians from their crappy living conditions.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I am disappointed in Trump.  I think this is much ado about literally nothing.  First off, we have been keeping 1 to 2 carrier task forces in the Arabian Gulf for over 20 years.  Unless this is increasing our Navy presence to 3 task groups, this just is not news, and not in the least sensational!

And since Trump has become president, I am sure the Iranians are intelligent enough not to pull the seizure crap that took place while pansy Obama was president.  They would know that any aggression directed at our forces would be met in kind, perhaps multiplied by a factor of ten!

Plus, I am sure that any attack on Iran would bring Russia into the conflict.  Do we want to go to war with Russia?  Iran might just test the water by striking the Navy in the gulf, and Trump best be ready for multiple moves down the road if he goes down that rat hole.

Until this nation gets to the mindset of completely destroying its enemies, we are not prepared for war.

Bush declared victory in Iraq, and how many thousands of men have we lost in both Afghanistan and Iraq since?  And the treasury squandered when we could have destroyed the country and not lost a single life, or a single trillion?  Bush and Obama were inept on their best day.  I hope Trump does not follow suit.