Author Topic: Trump retweets Jerry Falwell suggesting his term should be extended by two years  (Read 930 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump retweets Jerry Falwell suggesting his term should be extended by two years
By Owen Daugherty - 05/05/19 05:38 PM EDT

Trump retweets Jerry Falwell suggesting his term should be extended by two years

President Trump on Sunday retweeted a post from Liberty University president Jerry Falwell Jr. that said Trump’s first term should be extended by two years as payback "for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup."

Falwell Jr., an avid and vocal supporter of Trump, was alluding to the recently completed investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election that special counsel Robert Mueller conducted.

"After the best week ever for @realDonaldTrump - no obstruction, no collusion, NYT admits @BarackObama did spy on his campaign, & the economy is soaring. I now support reparations-Trump should have 2 yrs added to his 1st term as pay back for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup," Falwell tweeted.

Trump followed up the retweet with tweets of his own alleging two years of his presidency were (sic) "stollen" that "we will never be able to get back."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/442222-trump-retweets-jerry-falwell-suggesting-his-term-should-be-extended
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
No replies?  I remember when we thought that Obama would try this.  But it is Trump actually tweeting it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline kevindavis007

It's wrong regardless.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No replies?  I remember when we thought that Obama would try this.  But it is Trump actually tweeting it.

***suicide***

Offline Chosen Daughter

***suicide***

Why the shoot yourself emoji?  Because Trump was being stupid or you are for thinking this is OK?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

That's not all Falwell tweeted.  Apparently he wants reparations too.

Jerry Falwell
‏
Verified account

@JerryFalwellJr
 22h
22 hours ago

More
After the best week ever for @realDonaldTrump - no obstruction, no collusion, NYT admits @BarackObama did spy on his campaign, & the economy is soaring. I now support reparations-Trump should have 2 yrs added to his 1st term as pay back for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup

Why the shoot yourself emoji?  Because Trump was being stupid or you are for thinking this is OK? 

The shoot yourself emoji is not because the President was being stupid.

Jerry Faldwell's tweet was not literal ... it was trying to prove the effects of the attempted coup by going to an extreme absurdity.

No one is seriously suggesting adding two years to the President's first term.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 12:07:39 am by Right_in_Virginia »

That's not all Falwell tweeted.  Apparently he wants reparations too.

***suicide*** ***suicide*** ***suicide***

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 11:25:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Applewood

Looks like Falwell has found a replacement for God.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The only thing Falwell Jr. inherited from his father was the name. It's telling that Jonathan actually got the ministry.

As for Trump, I've long settled on the reality that he tweets stuff just to get a rise out of people. It stopped working for me long ago.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

Looks like Falwell has found a replacement for God.

Sadly it is the whole Evangelical community practically. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I think it's a joke....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

What RIV said.

Plainly it was a tweet tweaking the other side. Don’t you get it?

Look we don’t get to pick and choose the personality of who runs for president. It’s usually a package deal. And if we could conjure up some imaginary perfect person, we might not get the other things, those rare qualities that go into making great leadership at the right moment in history.

Donald Trump won for reasons the voters wisely understood. I’d have to say that the first two years of Trump’s presidency acquitted the voters quite well.

Offline Chosen Daughter

What RIV said.

Plainly it was a tweet tweaking the other side. Don’t you get it?

Look we don’t get to pick and choose the personality of who runs for president. It’s usually a package deal. And if we could conjure up some imaginary perfect person, we might not get the other things, those rare qualities that go into making great leadership at the right moment in history.

Donald Trump won for reasons the voters wisely understood. I’d have to say that the first two years of Trump’s presidency acquitted the voters quite well.

I think that Falwell is a Kook and don't believe for one minute that this was a joke.  It is nothing to joke about even if it was.  It is just fuel for the left.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Way to go Jerry...you just played right into the narrative the Dems are pushing to scare up their base into coming out in force in 2020.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
By Owen Daugherty - 05/05/19 05:38 PM EDT

President Trump on Sunday retweeted a post from Liberty University president Jerry Falwell Jr. that said Trump’s first term should be extended by two years as payback "for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup."

Falwell Jr., an avid and vocal supporter of Trump, was alluding to the recently completed investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election that special counsel Robert Mueller conducted.

"After the best week ever for @realDonaldTrump - no obstruction, no collusion, NYT admits @BarackObama did spy on his campaign, & the economy is soaring. I now support reparations-Trump should have 2 yrs added to his 1st term as pay back for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup," Falwell tweeted.

Trump followed up the retweet with tweets of his own alleging two years of his presidency were (sic) "stollen" that "we will never be able to get back."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/442222-trump-retweets-jerry-falwell-suggesting-his-term-should-be-extended

Can Kellyanne please take his phone away. He is embarrassing himself and the country, not 'tweaking' the opposition. Between idiotic statements and horrid spelling errors, he is just giving opponents ammunition and embarrassing the nation.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I think that Falwell is a Kook and don't believe for one minute that this was a joke.  It is nothing to joke about even if it was.  It is just fuel for the left.

I guess logically speaking, one could extend out this line of thinking- considering how many times he is claimed to be 'joking' or 'tweaking' the opposition as his goal or job... it should be applied to everything.

Lock her up.. he wasn't serious, just a joke.
Cut the deficit... he wasn't serious, he was just tweaking the opposition.
Build that wall... well.....

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
He was talking about this: