Author Topic: Biden praised segregationist Strom Thurmond as 'closest friend,' who believed in 'heterogenous, dive  (Read 389 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden praised segregationist Strom Thurmond as 'closest friend,' who believed in 'heterogenous, diverse society'
by Alana Goodman
 | May 03, 2019 05:35 PM

Joe Biden once praised the segregationist Republican Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina as “one of my closest friends” and championed him as someone who believed in America's diversity.

He was giving a speech at the Strom Thurmond Institute in South Carolina in December 1988. Thurmond, Biden said, had urged him to keep running for president, telling him: "You’ve got a good 30 years left to try." A year earlier, Biden had dropped out of the presidential race amid plagiarism accusations. He ran again in 2008, dropping out early a second time, and now, 31 years after the speech, he is having a third tilt at the White House.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/biden-praised-segregationist-strom-thurmond-as-closest-friend-who-believed-in-heterogenous-diverse-society
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

I'm Bill Clinton, and I approve of this message.

Me, too!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

It's kind of disappointing to watch these old liberals pander to the SJW brats.  There is nobody left to respect.