Author Topic: Harris requests probe into if Trump pressured Barr to open investigations  (Read 574 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harris requests probe into if Trump pressured Barr to open investigations
By Jordain Carney - 05/03/19 06:15 PM EDT

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) is requesting that the Justice Department's top watchdog investigate if President Trump or White House staff pressured Attorney General William Barr to open up any criminal investigations.

Harris, one of multiple Democratic senators running for president, sent a letter on Friday to Michael Horowitz, the Department of Justice's (DOJ) inspector general, asking for the watchdog office to dig into the issue, which she brought up with Barr during his appearance this week before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

"There must be no doubt that the Department of Justice and its leadership stand apart from partisan politics, and resist improper attempts to use the power of federal law enforcement to settle personal scores," Harris wrote in her letter.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/442084-harris-requests-probe-into-if-trump-pressured-barr-to-open-investigations
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Last I checked, the AG works for POTUS and not the Senate.  If President Trump directed Barr to investigate anything, I would expect Barr to do just that, well within the confines of his power.

Sen Harris has used the only asset she has to advance her career in politics as far as it will go.  There is a brick ceiling for her the rest of the way.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 02:39:11 am by jafo2010 »

Offline skeeter

So what if Trump asked Barr to look into an attempted coup. He could bend over and beg for another and they’d still demand he be impeached. It’s all they have.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Last I checked, the AG works for POTUS and not the Senate.  If President Trump directed Barr to investigate anything, I would expect Barr to do just that, well within the confines of his power.

Sen Harris has used th eonly asset she has to advance her career in politics as far as it will go.  There is a brick ceiling for her the rest of the way.

Yes, it's a bizarre charge from Harris.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Just one more bimbo in Congress.  Her law degree is not worth using for a good BM.  And her knowledge is not worth a good BM either.  Talk about hot air bimbos!  Too clueless to realize Smollett was a criminal.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So the woman who got her entry into politics by lying on her back does not realize that the Constitution gives 100% of the power of the Executive branch to a single individual, and no one else.

She should have read the document rather than being Willie's plaything.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Harris requests probe into if Trump pressured Barr to open investigations"

I, for one, certainly HOPE Mr. Trump requested that Mr. Barr open up investigations into democrat-communist collusion in the 2016 election.

I would be disappointed if he didn't.