Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke emerges as the most electable Democrat in poll that shows he would beat Trump by 10 po  (Read 1815 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Whoever framed this did it solely to salvage Beto's fading chances. Even by its own measurement he's not much more electable than Biden.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

Real GDP YoY 2015 2.9%, 2018 2.9%.  POTUS approval rating 2015 low 40s, 2018 high 40s.

The economy absolutely sucked in the second half of 2015, yet obama’s approval rating was higher than trumps. Amazing what 98% positive vs 98% negative press will do to the model.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:57:34 pm by skeeter »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

The economy absolutely sucked in the second half of 2015, yet obama’s approval rating was higher than trumps. Amazing what 98% positive vs 98% negative press will do to the model.

Then compare to 2006 if you like.  Same GDP gain, lower POTUS approval.  I stand behind my statement, it is not unprecedented to have a weak  POTUS support with a halfway decent economy.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I have yet to see anyone post a name of a candidate that can defeat Trump.  I believe the ONLY person that has that ability is HR Clinton, and only if the economy begins to seriously tank.  Otherwise, Trump walks all over her like the road, and no one else has a microscopuc chance against Trump.

Right now, Trump wins 4 more years.  I see nothing threstening that outcome.

The Democommies have literally zero!