Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke emerges as the most electable Democrat in poll that shows he would beat Trump by 10 po  (Read 1823 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Beto O'Rourke emerges as the most electable Democrat in poll that shows he would beat Trump by 10 points – and the only front-runner the president would beat is Elizabeth Warren

In a new poll, former Texas congressman Beto O'Rourke emerged as the most likely Democratic candidate to beat President Donald Trump if the two would go head-to-head in 2020 elections
     52 per cent of registered voters said they favored O'Rourke and 42 per cent said they would vote for Trump over the former Texas congressman
     Of the six front-runners, Trump only came out on top of one in the poll: Senator Elizabeth Warren
    Former Vice President Joe Biden, Senator Bernie Sanders, South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Senator Kamala Harris also beat out Trump
    33 per cent of registered voters who participated in the poll are Democrats, and only 26 per cent are Republican, the rest say they are either independent or third party voters

By Katelyn Caralle, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 18:42 EDT, 2 May 2019 | Updated: 20:04 EDT, 2 May 2019

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6986603/Beto-ORourke-emerges-electable-Democrat-poll-shows-beat-Trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online dfwgator

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who did they poll,his relatives and people he owes money to?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

I heard of a different poll today which found that women are turned off by Beto. So how do they reconcile that with this poll?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Hilarious. I don't believe the American people would vote for someone with no accomplishments and a past that includes DUI, criminal trespass, writing murder fantasies, who lived as a many after graduating Columbia, caught insider trading and taking illegal foreign money who wants to get rid of the Constitution.

Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I heard of a different poll today which found that women are turned off by Beto. So how do they reconcile that with this poll?

This woman finds him repulsive.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Irish Bob" O'Rourke? The Nacho Senator from TX...  The fake Mexican punk rock drunk driving pasty white guy born with a silver spoon and a get out of jail free card?

Someone is smoking the good stuff or push polling.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

"Irish Bob" O'Rourke? The Nacho Senator from TX...  The fake Mexican punk rock drunk driving pasty white guy born with a silver spoon and a get out of jail free card?

Someone is smoking the good stuff or push polling.

Imagine that. Newest jobs numbers beat expectations and we hit the lowest unemployment rate in 49 years, but folks can’t wait to throw all that out and experience Beto’s economy. (I think really it was his skate boarding that sealed the deal for me)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I think there's some spinning going on.  Maybe a lot.

Offline mountaineer

Someone better tell Democrats how electable he is. Maybe they'll start attending his lame rallies.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
What a gift this would be for Republicans if he got the Democommie nomination.  Mr Herky-jerky O'Rourke.  Can you imagine watching his physical movements as president for 4 or 8 years?  Ugggh!

He is very difficult to watch.  Reminds me of an air gumby.  And he is devoid of anything approaching intelligence.  He is the male version of AOC.  Perhaps down the road, the two of them can run together on a ticket.  They would be stellar candidates for the Democommie Party.  Dumb and Dumber!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Don't fool yourselves.   Despite record low unemployment,  the resumption of wage growth and record high stock prices,  Trump is being bested in these polls by a host of these Democrat jokesters.   This is due to unprecedented media hostility, to be sure,  but also points to both voter fatigue with Trump's ego and personality and Trump's unwillingness to reach out beyond his base. 

Trump is not going to be re-elected the way things are going.   He needs to be persuaded not to run.   Anyone else would be polling far ahead of the Dems given our current peace and prosperity.   

I fear he doesn't care,  and would just as soon be seen as going down fighting.   Don't kid yourselves - he has no particular loyalty to the GOP, or to the GOP congresspersons who'll go down with him.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Applewood

Who did they poll,his relatives and people he owes money to?

LOL  That's the problem with polls.  I think most of them only poll people they are reasonably sure will vote the way the pollsters want them to.  In this case, maybe they found a nest of O'Rourke fans. 

And if the pollsters can't find enough people to vote the way they want, they likely just make it up. 

Offline Victoria33

Don't fool yourselves.   Despite record low unemployment,  the resumption of wage growth and record high stock prices,  Trump is being bested in these polls by a host of these Democrat jokesters.   This is due to unprecedented media hostility, to be sure,  but also points to both voter fatigue with Trump's ego and personality and Trump's unwillingness to reach out beyond his base. 

Trump is not going to be re-elected the way things are going.   He needs to be persuaded not to run.   Anyone else would be polling far ahead of the Dems given our current peace and prosperity.   

I fear he doesn't care,  and would just as soon be seen as going down fighting.   Don't kid yourselves - he has no particular loyalty to the GOP, or to the GOP congresspersons who'll go down with him.
@Jazzhead

I am repeating your post because you said it well and it is true.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Failed to defeat Cruz in a Senate race, so now he jumps past the Senate altogether and goes straight from 'nothing' to President. That's a great plan.

It is like a guy after failing to get a spot in the minor leagues, abandons it, and shoots for a spot on one of the pro teams. If you can't make it in the minors, what makes you think you can be a pro?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Failed to defeat Cruz in a Senate race, so now he jumps past the Senate altogether and goes straight from 'nothing' to President. That's a great plan.

It is like a guy after failing to get a spot in the minor leagues, abandons it, and shoots for a spot on one of the pro teams. If you can't make it in the minors, what makes you think you can be a pro?

Look for "Fat" Stacy Abrams to do the same.  Lost GA Gov race but looks to be a contender for 2020.  The gall of some people in the party of the Rat.

Offline Absalom

-------------------------------
Apparently this poll was conducted in south east Addis Ababa.
However the commentary remains insightful.
Trump is a self-absorbed dullard who barely defeated 300 pounds of cow dung.
He cannot judge character or listen, read and reflect, lacks any sense of humor,
is a compulsive liar, has no core philosophy/values and needs constant attention.
My colleagues and friends are plain people of the working class who are already
sick and tired of him and his antics.
Take note!!!

Offline mountaineer

Trump is not going to be re-elected the way things are going.   
You mentioned "record low unemployment,  the resumption of wage growth and record high stock prices." That certainly IS the way things are going. Yes, Trump is an obnoxious blowhard. The current Democrap crop of opponents includes fake Injuns, felons, at least one homosexual. a pedophile, and assorted other clowns. Can he overcome that steaming pile of brilliance? Remains to be seen.

Offline Wingnut

You mentioned "record low unemployment,  the resumption of wage growth and record high stock prices." That certainly IS the way things are going. Yes, Trump is an obnoxious blowhard. The current Democrap crop of opponents includes fake Injuns, felons, at least one homosexual. a pedophile, and assorted other clowns. Can he overcome that steaming pile of brilliance? Remains to be seen.

But to the Never Trumpers that is one classy field of candidates for them to choose from in 2020.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Remains to be seen?   Sorry, I'd rather not.   I prefer an alternative that promises to keep going that "record low unemployment,  the resumption of wage growth and record high stock prices."   The Dems will blow all of that to hell.  And Trump as the nominee will cause the election of the Democrat.

Haley/Pence 2020

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
But to the Never Trumpers that is one classy field of candidates for them to choose from in 2020.

Who the flip cares about the Never Trumpers?   That's just Trump's ego and obsession with enemies again, which has rubbed off on his supporters. 

No, the real problem is, as @Absalom warns, the "plain people of the working class who are already
sick and tired of [Trump] and his antics."

Offline mountaineer

I prefer an alternative that promises to keep going that "record low unemployment,  the resumption of wage growth and record high stock prices."   
If Trump runs for reelection, you'll get your wish. Any other Republican will promise the same, I suspect.

Offline skeeter

Remains to be seen?   Sorry, I'd rather not.   I prefer an alternative that promises to keep going that "record low unemployment,  the resumption of wage growth and record high stock prices."   The Dems will blow all of that to hell.  And Trump as the nominee will cause the election of the Democrat.

Haley/Pence 2020

In order to keep the great economic conditions we must dump the guy most responsible for creating them.

That don't make no kind of sense.

Offline Wingnut

Who the flip cares about the Never Trumpers?   That's just Trump's ego and obsession with enemies again, which has rubbed off on his supporters. 

No, the real problem is, as @Absalom warns, the "plain people of the working class who are already
sick and tired of [Trump] and his antics."

If you say so. 

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Too many polls out there and they're all different.