Author Topic: A Message to Mayor Pete from a Latina Mama: “Don’t Force Your Sexual Ideology on Me and My Children  (Read 342 times)

rangerrebew

A Message to Mayor Pete from a Latina Mama: “Don’t Force Your Sexual Ideology on Me and My Children”

April 17, 2019By Ana Samuel

Yes, be polite to us, and we will be polite to you. But we know that we are in an intense battle over the hearts and minds of our children. Mothers are very good at educating and protecting our children from harm when we believe they are in danger. This time, that danger is the harmful sexual ideology of the Left.

I would like to respond to a tweet by Pete Buttigieg, newly announced Democratic presidential candidate. Last week, he tweeted:

Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, is a man in a same-sex marriage. The tweet’s sub-text is that anyone who refuses to cheer for same-sex marriage or support the Left’s sexual ideology is a bigot—someone who is out to harm Mayor Pete and his family.

Mayor Pete, it cuts both ways. As a Latina mama in touch with a number of other Latinas with traditional family values, I can tell you we are faced every day with people who are “polite to us in person” but who advance and execute policies that assault our values, harm our families, and hurt our children.

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2019/04/51308/?fbclid=IwAR0PIQW-7tNrzC1Gbsq9VbLdTEaT7eX7ZsPm9KAwOW7PJM3rr2hjZPrQEDE

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This is very well-written, with a lot of good points, especially on class privilege.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rivergirl

About the perversions of our president??????????
A   OK???????????????

Offline mountaineer

Fri Apr 12, 2019 - 6:20 pm EST
As a former gay man, I know Pete Buttigieg’s ‘Midwest wholesome’ is a lie
Doug Mainwaring
Peter Buttigieg, the gay mayor of South Bend, Indiana, who wants to be president of the United States, comes across in media reports as a thoughtful, even-keeled man when viewed alongside his more outlandish fellow Democratic contenders.  ...

The Jimmy Stewart/Frank Capra All-American Buttigieg narrative stops short of the mayor marrying his pretty high school sweetheart. Instead, Buttigieg met a guy with the help of a dating app in 2015, and that’s whom he chose to “wed.”

The presidential hopeful “married” that guy last June before declaring his candidacy, presumably because Americans like their presidents to be married family men. In a move that is an absurd attempt to present their “marriage” as unabashedly traditional, Chasten Glezman seems to have dropped his own last name and taken “Buttigieg” as his own. 

The South Bend mayor recently claimed that his same-sex “marriage” to Glezman “has moved me closer to God” — a statement that has been used as irrefutable testimony to the man’s superior brand of Christianity while simultaneously implying contempt for Catholics, Evangelicals, and others who have not relinquished orthodox teaching. ...

Scrape off the layers of digital varnish that have been splashed on the man, and one finds that Buttigieg espouses the same horrible ideals as his fellow Democrat contenders.

Buttigieg wants to overhaul the United States Supreme Court because he believes it’s too conservative. He wants to get rid of the Electoral College — “It’s gotta go” — and establish automatic voter registration. He believes that climate change is a national security threat and supports Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s proposed Green New Deal. The young mayor would like to institute national single-payer health care — i.e., “Medicare for all” — and wants stricter gun control laws.

Not surprisingly, Buttigieg’s deceased father was a Notre Dame University professor who, according to Paul Kengor, was “among a group of leftist professors who focused on injecting Marxism into the wider culture.”  ...

Before you dismiss me as a homophobic old white guy, keep in mind I once was a gay man taking part in Washington, D.C.’s vibrant gay community, dating and hanging out with guys who worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, and at the Pentagon.

Yet soon after writing a 2009 opinion piece for The Washington Post in defense of same-sex “marriage,” something happened. I found I was attempting to defend the indefensible. My stance could not hold up to logic or reason. ...
Read the entire essay
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Just remember, if it wasn't for the faculty and students of Notre Dame University, that Buttcrack never would have been mayor,  and nobody would even know who he is.