Author Topic: James Comey: How Trump Co-opts Leaders Like Bill Barr  (Read 454 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
James Comey: How Trump Co-opts Leaders Like Bill Barr
« on: May 02, 2019, 10:04:23 pm »
James Comey: How Trump Co-opts Leaders Like Bill Barr

Accomplished people lacking inner strength can’t resist the compromises necessary to survive this president.

By James Comey

Mr. Comey is the former F.B.I. director.

May 1, 2019

People have been asking me hard questions. What happened to the leaders in the Trump administration, especially the attorney general, Bill Barr, who I have said was due the benefit of the doubt?

How could Mr. Barr, a bright and accomplished lawyer, start channeling the president in using words like “no collusion” and F.B.I. “spying”? And downplaying acts of obstruction of justice as products of the president’s being “frustrated and angry,” something he would never say to justify the thousands of crimes prosecuted every day that are the product of frustration and anger?

How could he write and say things about the report by Robert Mueller, the special counsel, that were apparently so misleading that they prompted written protest from the special counsel himself?

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/opinion/william-barr-testimony.html?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: James Comey: How Trump Co-opts Leaders Like Bill Barr
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 10:42:11 pm »
This is what has happened and is still happening and will continue until Trump has lived his last day of life.  Read this article well and see if it apples to you - the way you adjusted your thinking to abide Trump's behavior.  Comey states it well:  "Of course, to stay, you must be seen as on his team, so you make further compromises. You use his language, praise his leadership, tout his commitment to values.  And then you are lost. He has eaten your soul."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 01:13:15 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 11:36:57 pm »
This is what has happened and is still happening and will continue until Trump has lived his last day of life.  Read this article well and see if it apples to you - the way you adjusted your thinking to abide Trump's behavior.  Comey states it well:  "Of course, to stay, you must be seen as on his team, so you make further compromises. You use his language, praise his leadership, tout his commitment to values.  And then you are lost. He has eaten your soul.

:facepalm2:

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 11:39:32 pm »
   @Victoria33 hits a little too close to home, doesn't she @Right_in_Virginia

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 11:41:51 pm »
   @Victoria33 hits a little too close to home, doesn't she @Right_in_Virginia

I don't know what she's hitting @corbe but it's not home.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 11:43:28 pm »
:bigsilly:

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 11:46:52 pm »
  I don't like Comey, never did, @Right_in_Virginia but what he is saying and Victoria is articulating is what more than a few of us here have seen played out over and over again the last 3+ years in this Administration.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 11:58:17 pm »
  I don't like Comey, never did, @Right_in_Virginia but what he is saying and Victoria is articulating is what more than a few of us here have seen played out over and over again the last 3+ years in this Administration.

It doesn't mean they're correct.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 12:23:57 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 12:33:53 am »
I don't know what she's hitting @corbe but it's not home.

I can make a pretty good guess I'll bet.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 01:28:05 am »
Anybody that has worked in the upper levels of organizations, knows there are some very strong people, that will test your own limits.

My guess is that those suffering Trump Derangement rarely make it to those upper levels.

However they naively imagine it must be easy.

To feel more powerful and complete, they vicariously pretend occupying levels above their real stations, by criticizing the boss(es).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln