Author Topic: Stephen Moore ends bid for Fed over 'unrelenting attacks on my character'  (Read 586 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stephen Moore ends bid for Fed over 'unrelenting attacks on my character'
By Sylvan Lane - 05/02/19 01:59 PM EDT

Stephen Moore told President Trump on Thursday that he is withdrawing from consideration for a Federal Reserve nomination due to the “unrelenting attacks” from his critics.

Moore, who Trump floated in March for a spot on the Fed board, told the president in a letter that he and his family could not handle the mounting criticism over his nomination, much of which centered around Moore's resurfaced past writings.

“I  am respectfully asking that you withdraw my name from consideration," Moore, a conservative commentator and former Trump campaign adviser, wrote to the president. "The unrelenting attacks on my character have become untenable for me and my family and 3 more months of this would be too hard on us."

Trump said Thursday afternoon that Moore had pulled out of the running for a nomination to Fed board, just hours after Moore told reporters he was "all in" on a bid for the central bank.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/441847-stephen-moore-ends-bid-for-fed-due-to-unrelenting-attacks-on-my-character
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Hmmm, seems like it will be tough to get anyone named to the Fed that isn't pre-approved....   :whistle:

Offline dfwgator

The Terrorists have won.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Too bad.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

That is the Dims strategy.

Delay and character assassinate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

That is the Dims strategy.

Delay and character assassinate.

This is a reason why I admire what Trump is doing.

He didn't need this.  He had the perfect life,  people loved him, before he got involved in politics, even black people loved him. 

Why did he give all that up, to take all the arrows that have come his way?

Offline Rivergirl

Moore sure was Trump's kind of guy.

Offline aligncare

This is a reason why I admire what Trump is doing.

He didn't need this.  He had the perfect life,  people loved him, before he got involved in politics, even black people loved him. 

Why did he give all that up, to take all the arrows that have come his way?

Exactly.

Some in congress and the media are even accusing Trump of being a crook while he was running his businesses.

Can you imagine the terrible forces that must have driven Trump to a life of crime: Grew up wealthy, good parents, good schools. Became a successful real estate developer himself and made a fortune. Had everything a man could want: fame, fortune, women.

Then one day he thinks to himself, hey! why don’t I cheat on my taxes get a bigger refund, maybe get involved in an international money laundering scheme between takes of The Apprentice and building my next 100-story skyscraper.

Democratic congressional committee chairmen are not idiots when they make these kinds of charges—they are cold, calculating and corrupt partisans trying to win a political victory at all costs. By destroying the lives of anyone in their way.