Author Topic: Rod Rosenstein: Hero  (Read 232 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Rod Rosenstein: Hero
« on: May 02, 2019, 03:46:45 pm »
Rod Rosenstein: Hero

May 1, 2019 15:33, Last Updated: May 1, 2019 18:01
By Brian Cates

Commentary

On April 29, Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein submitted his long-awaited resignation letter to President Donald Trump, the man who had selected him for what turned out to be one of the most crucial jobs in his entire administration.

Controversy has swirled around Rosenstein since he was sworn in on April 26, 2017, following his confirmation hearings. He stepped into that top job almost two months after then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions had recused himself, on March 1, 2017, from all 2016 election-related DOJ investigations.

Sessions’s recusal meant that his deputy was going to play a crucial role. And indeed, Rosenstein had little time to become acclimated to the new job; by early May, he was thickly involved in Trump’s decision to fire James Comey as FBI director.

Rosenstein was originally scheduled to leave in mid-March this year, but new Attorney General William Barr asked him to stay on until the Mueller special counsel’s report was finished and released, and Rosenstein agreed.

Rosenstein ended his resignation letter to the president this way:

“We enforce the law without fear or favor because credible evidence is not partisan, and truth is not determined by opinion polls.  We ignore fleeting distractions and focus our attention on the things that matter, because a republic that endures is not governed by the news cycle.
We keep the faith, we follow the rules, and we always put America first.”

Yes, you are reading that correctly. Rosenstein ended his resignation letter with the words “America first,” Trump’s own slogan.

For more than two years, I’ve watched various commentators sell narratives to the public about how a bewildered Trump kept being outmaneuvered by the man I’ve sarcastically dubbed “The Nefarious Rod Rosenstein,” a smirking traitor at his elbow who was supposedly helping to plot a coup against him.

Some people just can’t shake this firmly held belief that Trump is the world’s worst player at the game of “Spot The Traitor.”
I don’t buy that for a second. The truth about Rosenstein is far different from the popular narrative...

Excerpted from:

https://m.theepochtimes.com/rod-rosenstein-hero_2901409.html/amp?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR2mpIkgco4o-yJ4ZeucO7keLggz9ihc599_veB9_ToTkfm_e8a7Mv0Ppjg
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien