Author Topic: Trump weighs labeling Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group  (Read 523 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump weighs labeling Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group
Steve Holland, Arshad Mohammed

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump is working to designate the Muslim Brotherhood a foreign terrorist organization (FTO), the White House said on Tuesday, which would bring sanctions against Egypt’s oldest Islamist movement.

“The president has consulted with his national security team and leaders in the region who share his concern and this designation is working its way through the internal process,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in an email.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi asked Trump to make the designation during an April 9 visit to Washington, a senior U.S. official said, confirming a report in the New York Times on Tuesday.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-muslimbrotherhood-idUSKCN1S6159

I'd say a major story of today.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Trump weighs labeling Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 02:59:23 am »
This article is biased propaganda. The Muslim Brotherhood is NOT Egypt's oldest Islamic movement. The government and nation of Egypt itself, along with several other countries including Muslim nations, designates the Muslim Brotherhood as an illegal terrorist gang.

The Muslim Brotherhood is treated so gingerly only in America, because Obama/CAIR and several other politicians are reported to be affiliated with the group, and so many politicians are terrified for whatever reason of being labeled "Islamophobia". To that point I say that anyone who is not 'phobic' of Islamic terrorism is a FOOL. Of course I am 'phobic' of terrorists, as is most of the rest of the world.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trump weighs labeling Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 03:51:37 am »
Less Weighing, More Doing!