Author Topic: House Dems eye contempt charges for Trump officials  (Read 520 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Dems eye contempt charges for Trump officials
« on: May 01, 2019, 12:45:21 am »
House Dems eye contempt charges for Trump officials
By Mike Lillis and Olivia Beavers - 04/30/19 08:12 PM EDT

House Democratic committee leaders are threatening to hold top administration officials in contempt of Congress amid a series of ongoing investigations, a recourse that could lead to fines — or even prison.

The idea has been floated in recent weeks by a small handful of rank-and-file members who’ve accused the administration of stonewalling, but it gained steam on Tuesday as the chairmen of several powerful panels said they’re also considering contempt in an effort to compel the cooperation of recalcitrant administration witnesses.

“I promise we will do everything in our power to enforce our subpoena. I refuse to be in a situation where we’re unable to use every tool that we have in our toolbox to do that,” Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, told reporters in the Capitol. Invoking a little-used process known as inherent contempt, Cummings said, is one of those options.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/441490-house-dems-eye-contempt-charges-for-trump-officials
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: House Dems eye contempt charges for Trump officials
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 12:57:34 am »
Congress is so far beyond the bounds of their authority that they are wandering into criminality to pull their power plays.

The Executive is a co-equal branch that doesn't kowtow to whatever whim Congress wishes to unleash that day.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 01:07:59 am »
Remember when congress found holder in contempt and all the liberals laughed when he blew it off?

Turnabout I guess.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 01:17:33 am »
Remember when congress found holder in contempt and all the liberals laughed when he blew it off?

Turnabout I guess.
That's what I was thinking too.
During Obama's reign as emperor, whenever a Democrat received a subpoena they just simply ignored it. When they were charged with "contempt", they just simply ignored it. And nothing ever happened.

Now that Republicans are doing the same thing as the Democrats did, the Democrats are losing their minds. During Obama, the Democrats opened doors of lawlessness and contempt of law which they are now trying to shut. And they are failing to do so.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 03:03:01 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 01:22:30 am »
   It won't matter to the hard core dems but for the independents that President Trump needs in 2020, it's looking more and more that pelousy wasted 2 years on BS and investigations, accomplishing nothing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 02:52:38 am »
   It won't matter to the hard core dems but for the independents that President Trump needs in 2020, it's looking more and more that pelousy wasted 2 years on BS and investigations, accomplishing nothing.

She's bat crap crazy like all the rest of them.  They will become further unhinged if Trump wins.  The election will be tied up for months in the courts.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.