Author Topic: Schumer says Trump agreed to $2T infrastructure package at White House meeting  (Read 939 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer said Tuesday that President Trump agreed to support a $2 trillion infrastructure spending package after meeting with him and other Democrats at the White House, though the details are not yet clear.

The president – a real estate developer before he was elected president – has long sought to strike a big infrastructure deal, but has faced some resistance from conservatives in his party over concerns about the country’s rising debt.

“We agreed on a number – which was very, very good. Two trillion dollars for infrastructure. Originally, we started a little lower. Even the president was eager to push it up to two trillion dollars,” Schumer said....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schumer-trump-agreed-to-2-trillion-for-infrastructure-after-meeting-with-dems

I sure hope this is standard schumer and not accurate.  We don't have the money to do this.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Pelosi, Schumer say they've agreed to pursue $2T infrastructure bill with Trump
By Jordan Fabian - 04/30/19 12:13 PM EDT

Democratic congressional leaders said Tuesday they reached an agreement with President Trump to seek a deal on a $2 trillion infrastructure bill, a surprising development that comes amid intense partisan warfare in Washington.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) sounded a decidedly positive note after leaving a White House meeting shortly after noon, with Schumer saying “there was goodwill” on both sides toward developing a major piece of legislation.

“That was different than some of the other meetings that we’ve had,” Schumer told reporters on the North Lawn driveway. “This was a very, very good start … We hope it will go to a constructive conclusion.”

Pelosi said both sides had “come to one agreement: that the agreement would be big and bold.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/441358-pelosi-schumer-say-theyve-agreed-with-trump-on-a-2t-infrastructure-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
At what point do these b*st*rds pursue something for the taxpayer?  It is long overdue that the income earners in America no longer be the sole support for our corrupt government.  The USA is the only western nation without a Fair Tax.

I know too many people making six figure incomes that do not file a return, or they make cash and do not file a dime of that as income.  And think of all the folks in the criminal world living FAT, and not paying a dime.  Just plain wrong.

Trump should implement a Fair Tax and reduce the income tax accordingly, and end the IRS as we know it.  Jim DeMint got elected to the senate on that alone, the elimination of the IRS.  He never did a damn thing to accomplish that, but he got ELECTED.  Declaring he intends to eliminate the NEED for the IRS with the Fair Tax would have people voting that do not normally vote.  He would win easily!

Offline Mod5

Topics merged.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
At what point do these b*st*rds pursue something for the taxpayer?  It is long overdue that the income earners in America no longer be the sole support for our corrupt government.  The USA is the only western nation without a Fair Tax.

I know too many people making six figure incomes that do not file a return, or they make cash and do not file a dime of that as income.  And think of all the folks in the criminal world living FAT, and not paying a dime.  Just plain wrong.

Trump should implement a Fair Tax and reduce the income tax accordingly, and end the IRS as we know it.  Jim DeMint got elected to the senate on that alone, the elimination of the IRS.  He never did a damn thing to accomplish that, but he got ELECTED.  Declaring he intends to eliminate the NEED for the IRS with the Fair Tax would have people voting that do not normally vote.  He would win easily!
If you actually know of people not reporting cash income why aren't you turning them into the IRS? Hell, I believe there is even a reward for that! What pisses me me off more is the illegals sucking up taxpayer paid benefits while working for cash under the table and then on top of it filing bogus tax returns and getting big refunds checks, again out of the pocket of taxpayers. 9999hair out0000

I'll go one further that really pisses me off, those who defend illegals and insist they get no assistance from us taxpayers and that they actually pay more in taxes than they take from us. AND SOME OF THOSE IGNORANT FOLKS ARE ON THIS FORUM! 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I sure hope this is standard schumer and not accurate.  We don't have the money to do this.

Don't worry.  Republicans were conspicuously  left out of the meeting.   The Senate won't agree to a deficit-buster, and likely won't agree to boost the gas tax (which I assume is what Schumer thinks will pay for it.)   

As for Trump, he is likely going to condition this infrastructure funding on the Dems standing down on impeachment.  You know, save his ass and kick the taxpayers'.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Anything more specific:

Highways, bidges, airports, ocean ports, raiways, national park facilities, even internet, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Don't worry.  Republicans were conspicuously  left out of the meeting.   The Senate won't agree to a deficit-buster, and likely won't agree to boost the gas tax (which I assume is what Schumer thinks will pay for it.)

Schumer? Have you ever heard Trump on this? He has proposed a minimum of 25 cents and up to 50 for funding it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
This one is going to take a long time to play out.  Grand acts of horsetrading to be followed.  Early reports of what is "agreed to" and "decided" are likely to be far off of the mark.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This one is going to take a long time to play out.  Grand acts of horsetrading to be followed.  Early reports of what is "agreed to" and "decided" are likely to be far off of the mark.

Yes, but they need to drop this and start working to get spending under control.  This is madness.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Yes, but they need to drop this and start working to get spending under control.  This is madness.

I suspect that Trump is looking to garner support for his trade deals.

(Underlying this willingness to trade off what seems to be ludicrous levels of additional spending (that we can clearly not afford), is apparently a point of view that argues for structural reforms to underlying global trade (and the US's role and positioning in it) will address long festering root issues and accelerate growth.  Will it work?  I have no idea.  No pain, no gain.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 10:43:27 pm by EdJames »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I think Trump is going to change parties.  Republicans better block this spending.  This is ridiculous.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

I think Trump is going to change parties.  Republicans better block this spending.  This is ridiculous.

As I have mentioned several times; if it boosts the economy by adding jobs, etc., along with helping Trump, family & cronies make $$, he'll do it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.