Author Topic: Obama Justice Department Was Involved In IRS Targeting, Lerner Emails Reveal  (Read 430 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Obama Justice Department Was Involved In IRS Targeting, Lerner Emails Reveal

Sadly, the 18 month investigation into the IRS targeting of conservative groups isn’t over, and it may be worse than anyone thought. A federal judge has broken loose more emails that the DOJ had surely hoped would never surface. The picture it reveals isn’t pretty. The documents prove that Lois Lerner met with DOJ’s Election Crimes Division a month before the 2010 elections.

It has to be embarrassing to the DOJ, which may not be the most impartial one to be investigating the IRS. In fact, the DOJ withheld over 800 pages of Lerner documents citing "taxpayer privacy" and "deliberative privilege." Yet these internal DOJ documents show Ms. Lerner was talking to DOJ officials about prosecuting tax-exempt entities (yes, criminally!) two years before the IRS conceded there was inappropriate targeting.

Ms. Lerner met with top officials from the DOJ's Election Crimes Branch in October of 2010. Although Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the DOJ (Judicial Watch v. Department of Justice, No. 14-cv-01239), the DOJ coughed up dirt only on court order. Even then, the DOJ handed over only two pages of heavily redacted emails...

Much more Here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have long been of the opinion that all of this stuff was being run right out of the WH by Val Jar!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm beginning to think history will judge the 0bama administration as they deserve.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Lois Lerner is waiting for her striped outfit and jail cell.

If for no other reason, the payment of $3.5 million in taxpayer money due to her actions.
Conservative Groups Targeted in Lois Lerner’s IRS Scandal Receive Settlement Checks
https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/01/11/conservative-groups-targeted-in-lois-lerners-irs-scandal-receive-settlement-checks/
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:33:31 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I Sailed wrote:
"Lois Lerner is waiting for her striped outfit and jail cell."

If there is ANYONE in the former administration who has enough evidence (agin' 'em) for a successful prosecution and conviction, it's Lerner.

But will Mr. Barr go after her...?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I Sailed wrote:
"Lois Lerner is waiting for her striped outfit and jail cell."

If there is ANYONE in the former administration who has enough evidence (agin' 'em) for a successful prosecution and conviction, it's Lerner.

But will Mr. Barr go after her...?
The DOJ under the bobblehead Sessions decided to not go after her, but I wonder if Barr might be otherwise inclined? 

Former Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee Kevin Brady was very concerned on Sessions's decision not to prosecute.

Trump DOJ declines to charge Lois Lerner, a key figure in IRS scandal  Sept 8, 2017
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-lois-lerner-irs-doj-20170908-story.html

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

Both Obama's AGs, Holder and Lynch, didn't pass gass unless given permission by Fearless Leader.  Obviouslly,  Comrade Barack was behind the whole thing.