Author Topic: Dems want climate change, tax hikes in infrastructure deal  (Read 351 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems want climate change, tax hikes in infrastructure deal
« on: April 29, 2019, 06:43:08 pm »
Dems want climate change, tax hikes in infrastructure deal
By Scott Wong - 04/29/19 12:49 PM EDT

The top two Democratic leaders on Monday told President Trump that any bipartisan infrastructure package needs to take into consideration climate change and include “substantial, new and real revenue” — a preview of the coming fight over tax hikes.

Trump will host Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) at the White House on Tuesday for discussions on a major infrastructure bill, one of the few policy areas that could see action amid divided government and as the 2020 race heats up.

Democrats want the measure for roads, bridges, waterways and other projects to be paid for with tax increases, and with a final price tag of at least $1 trillion over 10 years. Trump’s fiscal 2020 budget calls for $200 billion in federal spending on infrastructure, which White House officials say will leverage an additional $800 billion in investment through public-private partnerships over the next decade.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/441163-dems-want-climate-change-tax-hikes-in-infrastructure-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Dems want climate change, tax hikes in infrastructure deal
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 07:03:15 pm »
Rats will never act in good faith nor will they compromise, there is only their wacko agenda.

Our side should stop trying and just defeat them.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 01:42:39 am »
Rats will never act in good faith nor will they compromise, there is only their wacko agenda.

Our side should stop trying and just defeat them.

I have some advise for Trump.  Just say no.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 02:20:02 am »

I have some advise for Trump.  Just say no.

Nope, I see him going along with the DEMS on this. I do see him signing a bill for highways, bridges, etc., which would put people back to work and he and his family along with his cronies will make a fortune.  Interesting the article mentions that Trump's budget will leverage additional $$ through public-private partnerships.  As I stated; Trump, family and cronies (Giuliani) are going to make a fortune.  You can bet Pelosi and her cronies are going to make a bundle as well.  I'm still predicting a North American Union and that's why the crisis at the border continues.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 01:11:37 pm »
No deal then, Nancy and Chuck.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington