Author Topic: New York Times Columnist Visits Border, Determines 'Solution Is A High Wall'  (Read 236 times)

rangerrebew

New York Times Columnist Visits Border, Determines 'Solution Is A High Wall'
David Peinado

By Ryan Saavedra

April 25, 2019

New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman wrote on Tuesday that after visiting the U.S.-Mexico border he believes the solution for the immigration crisis is a "high wall."

"The whole day left me more certain than ever that we have a real immigration crisis and that the solution is a high wall with a big gate — but a smart gate," Friedman wrote.

Friedman echoed those sentiments while appearing on CNN Wednesday night when pressed by Wolf Blitzer.

"Wolf, I’m as radically pro-immigration as they come," Friedman said. "But it’s pretty clear to me that unless we can assure a significant number of Americans that we can control our border, we’re never going to have the proper immigration flow I think we need, we desire, and that we have actually a moral responsibility — given our history as a nation of immigrants, and a refuge for people fleeing persecution."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46399/new-york-times-columnist-visits-border-determines-ryan-saavedra