Author Topic: Multiple people gunned down at California synagogue shooting, man detained for questioning (breaking  (Read 3225 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Multiple people gunned down at California synagogue shooting, man detained for questioning
By: Mario Sevilla

POWAY, Calif. — San Diego County Sheriff's deputies are responding to a shooting at a synagogue in Poway, California, Saturday afternoon.

The incident was reported at the Congregation Chabad located at 16934 Chabad Way, the San Diego County Sheriff's Office Twitter account reported.

More: https://www.kivitv.com/news/national/multiple-people-gunned-down-at-california-synagogue-deputies-search-for-shooter

Whatever this is, if the probable suspect is detained, hopefully, this is over.  I hope it is not too serious.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
As many as four people have reportedly been shot at the Chabad of Poway on Saturday.

A man was taken into custody for questioning, sheriff’s officials said. His name was not released.

The victims were taken to Palomar Medical Center in Escondido. Their conditions were unknown.

Sheriff’s deputies first warned about a man with a gun in the area of the Jewish synagogue on Chabad Way about noon.

“Please stay clear of the area and allow deputies to safely do their job. Thank you for your patience and cooperation,” the sheriff’s tweet said.

Authorities have taped off the area around Chabad and a command post has been set up at Chaparral Elementary School just north of the congregation.

It was unclear where in the synagogue the shooting occurred.

Jewish prayers are held at 10 a.m. each Saturday, then a children’s program at 11 a.m., according to the synagogue’s website. A sit-down Kiddush and Farbrengen — traditional Jewish gatherings — were to follow.

Several neighbors reported hearing the gunshots, and some were evacuated from nearby homes to the school temporarily as a precaution.

San Diego police were keeping watch on other local synagogues as a precaution.

No further information was immediately available.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/story/2019-04-27/reports-of-several-people-shot-at-poway-synagogue
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:36:14 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Sheriff: Shooting at California synagogue leaves injuries
POWAY, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a shooting at a synagogue outside San Diego has left people injured but the extent is unclear.

San Diego County sheriff’s office also said Saturday on Twitter that a man has been detained in connection with the shooting at the Chabad of Poway.

A handful of police cars were parked outside the synagogue in the city of Poway, just over 20 miles (32 kilometers) north of San Diego. Crime tape surrounded the street in front of the building.

Officials say deputies were called just before 11:30 a.m.

The shooting came on the last day of Passover and exactly six months since a shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue killed 11 people.

A truck driver who authorities say expressed hatred of Jews has been charged in the deadliest attack on Jews in U.S. history. He’s pleaded not guilty to the Oct. 27 rampage at the Tree of Life synagogue.

https://apnews.com/36c8a77e02e4448ca1ef78e0b90ac2c1
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:39:08 pm by Freya »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

May the perp rot in hell.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Will the press call them “Passover Worshippers”?

Offline skeeter

Will the press call them “Passover Worshippers”?

I'm wondering why the reporter used today's shooting to repeat details from the Tree of Life shooting.

Maybe an off-duty border patrol agent successfully 'engaging' the shooter has something to do with it. A little more MSM 'sleight of hand'.

Prayers for the injured & dead.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 09:39:22 pm by skeeter »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
It was a woman who died.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Horrible story. Waiting for release of name of shooter- a nineteen year old who lives in mom's basement?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mountaineer

Someone's been detained, but no word yet on who he is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Someone's been detained, but no word yet on who he is.

They said he’s 19 years old. That’s it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
They said he’s 19 years old. That’s it.
And, of course, they claim it's a white male. It's ALWAYS a white male.

Scapegoat.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Bellingcat
@bellingcat

We have come across what appears to be a manifesto for the Poway synagogue shooter. He identifies as an anon from 8chan's /pol/ board. He claims he was inspired by the Christchurch shooting. His manifesto is filled with shitposting and should not be taken literally.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline TomSea

John Earnest, alright, I just saw that name mentioned, assuming reports are true.

I could research the information myself but I'm going to say that I have thought San Diego was Ben Shapiro's homebase or at least, somewhere nearby. I've been thinking about Ben but really about all.

My thoughts and prayers for all affected.

@QueenCatofAragon
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 11:53:51 pm by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
manifesto:

"“Are you a Trump supporter?”

"You mean that Zionist, Jew-loving, anti-White, traitorous bleep? Don’t make me laugh."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Bellingcat
@bellingcat

We have come across what appears to be a manifesto for the Poway synagogue shooter. He identifies as an anon from 8chan's /pol/ board. He claims he was inspired by the Christchurch shooting. His manifesto is filled with shitposting and should not be taken literally.

Jeez, another nutcase from 8chan.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

John Earnest, alright, I just saw that name mentioned, assuming reports are true.

I could research the information myself but I'm going to say that I have thought San Diego was Ben Shapiro's homebase or at least, somewhere nearby. I've been thinking about Ben but really about all.

My thoughts and prayers for all affected.

@QueenCatofAragon

@TomSea

Absolutely, yes.

Interesting that the bastard thought God approved of his actions.  He’s been deprived of that notion by now.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Jeez, another nutcase from 8chan.

@EdJames

That place is a nest of crazy, and worse.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I'm wondering why the reporter used today's shooting to repeat details from the Tree of Life shooting.

Maybe an off-duty border patrol agent successfully 'engaging' the shooter has something to do with it. A little more MSM 'sleight of hand'.

Prayers for the injured & dead.
I wondered about that too. The article reads, "There was a shooting today in San Diego. But more importantly there was a similar shooting 6 months ago. Let's talk about that one...".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
@EdJames

That place is a nest of crazy, and worse.

@QueenCatofAragon

It really is.  Psychopaths and sociopaths go there for inspiration.

Offline TomSea

I said it before, some of these "kids" get exposed to this garbage. It is almost the way some get exposed to this Jihadism. Different names, same outcomes.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
From AP wire on my iPhone

Sheriff: suspect in shooting at California synagogue is John earnest. He’s being investigated in a mosque arson last month.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
From AP wire on my iPhone

Sheriff: suspect in shooting at California synagogue is John earnest. He’s being investigated in a mosque arson last month.
This is where the fake news media is contradicting themselves. On one hand they say he did it to avenge the ChristChurch shooting, which of course Jews had nothing to do with. In the next sentence they say that he attacked a mosque?

These are diametrically opposed statements. So one of them must be a lie. (which is not new to the American Pravda)

I am wondering if this "also attacked a mosque" thread is the Left's attempt to drag Mecca Worshippers into the incident. That is to say, if Jews were attacked, then Mecca Worshippers must also be attacked. Just to make everything 'even'. The Left simply cannot portray Jews or Christians as victims, without dragging Islam into the issue as a victim as well.

We saw that in Congress when Pelosi refused to condemn blatant vicious antisemitism, and instead said that 'all hate' (an obvious bow to Islam) must be condemned. Yes. Well that is true. But it was not the subject of the issue at hand. The Left is in a frenzy to equate antisemitism with anti-Islam feelings, even after the Mecca Worshippers just slaughtered hundreds of Christians at prayer. We are not supposed to think about that, as if it never happened. That still doesn't give anyone the right to be angry at the religion that just murdered your family, friends, and your children. Being angry at murderous terrorists is the same as antisemitism according to the Left.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 12:50:43 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.