Author Topic: Secret Republican plan: Force Biden to embrace Democratic left-wing agenda  (Read 811 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Secret Republican plan: Force Biden to embrace Democratic left-wing agenda
by Emily Ward
 & Alana Goodman
 | April 26, 2019 08:00 AM

Republicans already have a strategy to take Joe Biden down: Force him to back up his own claim that he is the most left-wing Democrat in the race.

The Republican National Committee told the Washington Examiner that it plans to target Biden’s claim that he has the “most progressive” record, forcing him to take a stance on Medicare for All and other policies favored by the liberal wing that are viewed skeptically by centrist voters.

“The Obama administration promised Obamacare would solve everything and wasn’t a Trojan Horse for single-payer,” said one RNC official. “From our standpoint, he has a very difficult line to walk.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republican-plan-force-biden-to-embrace-democratic-left-wing-agenda
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
 888bravo
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I think the Dems are going to have him do that all on their own.

Biden's problem is the question are there enough moderate Dems in party anymore to get him the nomination?

The Millennial intersectional contingent won't touch that old white guy, and what old crusty hippie Boomers that are left in the party are just as liberal. Gen-X is small and not overly Democrat. The traditional blue collar Silent Generation is about half gone.

Being moderate on anything isn't working for Tulsi Gabbard, or anyone else it seems, so what is Biden to do? I don't see how he can fancy dance into the nomination, especially not with Bernie essentially leading the pack.

Don't interfere when your enemy is destroying themselves.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

Biden's problem is the question are there enough moderate Dems in party anymore to get him the nomination?

The Millennial intersectional contingent won't touch that old white guy, and what old crusty hippie Boomers that are left in the party are just as liberal. Gen-X is small and not overly Democrat. The traditional blue collar Silent Generation is about half gone.

Being moderate on anything isn't working for Tulsi Gabbard, or anyone else it seems, so what is Biden to do? I don't see how he can fancy dance into the nomination, especially not with Bernie essentially leading the pack.

Biden  #TooOld #TooWhite #TooStraight

Online mountaineer

I hope he's as tone deaf on his platform as he is on his behavior:
Biden on Accusers: ‘I’m Not Sorry’ — I Did Not Do Anything That Was Inappropriate
PAM KEY
26 Apr 2019

Friday on ABC’s “The View,” 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful former Vice President Joe Biden said he was “not sorry” for doing anything inappropriate when questioned about the complaints by several women of unwanted physical contact.

Biden said, “I have to be aware of it. I have to be more cognizant. We all have to be, a woman or a man, especially a woman, has the right to say this is my space.” ...

When asked if he would apologize, Biden said, “Look, I’m really sorry if what I did in talking to them and trying to console that they took it a different way. It’s my responsibility to make sure that I bend over backward to try to understand how not to do that.” ... Breitbart
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Absalom

Republicans have a plan? Who knew?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This plan isn't exactly secret.  Democrats, Republicans, and the media all have recognized the tension between the need of Democrats to appeal to the party's progressive, activist wing, while not alienating moderates.  It's been discussed openly with respect to the Democrats in general, so saying "that's what we're going to do to Biden" isn't exactly breaking new ground.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Yeah that would be brilliant and then Trump does a flip to Democratic party.  Don't dismiss the idea.  Trump recently said Republicans have not been kind to him.  He also said once that he identified more with the Democratic party. 

Not only that but the reports of Democrats wanting to vote for him.  I am sure Lindsey Graham would follow him.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:14:11 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden has no spine.  He will not remain a "centrist".  He has the right but not the ability.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This plan isn't exactly secret. 
Of course it isn't now that @mystery-ak posted it for the whole world to see.   888mouth

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Of course it isn't now that @mystery-ak posted it for the whole world to see.   888mouth
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I think there are enough "moderate" dems for creepy to get the nomination.  By that I mean there are enough candidates representing the 2-3% special interests that he may be able to sweep up the middle and consolidate the base.

That said, deep in my gut I wonder if he's not running as a form of cover for the eventual nominee.  Let the repubs attack him while the dems figure out which of their extremists can win.   Not much of a theory at this point, but just a hunch.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That said, deep in my gut I wonder if he's not running as a form of cover for the eventual nominee.  Let the repubs attack him while the dems figure out which of their extremists can win.   Not much of a theory at this point, but just a hunch.
Makes sense to me. In my opinion there is a very small chance that rich old White male Biden can get the nomination. And a zero percent chance that he would win the election. The radical hippy weirdos will not vote for Trump. They simply will not vote at all rather than to vote for Biden. He is not exactly going to 'energize' the youth like Obama did.

Biden has no choice but to go far-Left, regardless of anything the Republicans do. The Democrat base is so crazy radicalized at this point, Biden is going to struggle to prove to them that he is 'woke', and that he supports all their weirdo harebrained nonsensical agendas. He is going to have to portray himself as being Left of Castro and Karl Marx himself, who supports every sexual perversion known to man.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 12:05:48 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
I think there are enough "moderate" dems for creepy to get the nomination.  By that I mean there are enough candidates representing the 2-3% special interests that he may be able to sweep up the middle and consolidate the base.

The biggest question is the big delegate states. They tend to be bicoastal, and radical. He'll probably do well in places like Iowa or S. Carolina, it's places like Cali/Oregon/Washington, New York, Illinois, and the deep south like Florida where he's got a big problem.

He knows this since he's already going hard after the black vote. If he can't decicively get that, he's doomed.
The Republic is lost.

The biggest question is the big delegate states. They tend to be bicoastal, and radical. He'll probably do well in places like Iowa or S. Carolina, it's places like Cali/Oregon/Washington, New York, Illinois, and the deep south like Florida where he's got a big problem.

He knows this since he's already going hard after the black vote. If he can't decicively get that, he's doomed.

Almost all of FL is definitely not deep South.  They say the State goes with the I-4 vote (Tampa to Daytona, but pretty much Tampa/Orlando), and we have to drive about an hour North to get to the South.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline dfwgator

One area Biden should do well with is Never Trumper “Republicans”,  more than any other Rat candidate makes him a threat to Trump. But the trick will be to get the nomination with the current state of the Rat party.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Almost all of FL is definitely not deep South.  They say the State goes with the I-4 vote (Tampa to Daytona, but pretty much Tampa/Orlando), and we have to drive about an hour North to get to the South.

I'm thinking more of the black and even Hispanic vote for the Dem nomination moreso than the culture itself.

If he can't grab minorities south of the Mason-Dixon, he's toast. I can't see them voting for some Establishment white bread New Englander. The Dem party even from Bill Clinton's day is all but a relic of the past.
The Republic is lost.

I'm thinking more of the black and even Hispanic vote for the Dem nomination moreso than the culture itself.

If he can't grab minorities south of the Mason-Dixon, he's toast. I can't see them voting for some Establishment white bread New Englander. The Dem party even from Bill Clinton's day is all but a relic of the past.

What you're saying makes sense for the South, but not FL (except for the top slice which is in the South).  This State is filled with people from other States, including a LOT of New Englanders in the SE and midwesterners along the west coast.  And honestly, I don't see blacks and hispanics having much impact on the Dem primary one way or the other, unless MAYBE a really influential black candidate is running.  The interesting variable, IMO, is the recent influx of people from PR.  They tend to be pretty proud of being Rican, and generally like NYC for some reason, so unless there's a candidate from PR I don't think white bread is going to matter that much to them.