Author Topic: Bombshell from a top border agent: Just 6% of illegal aliens in one sector even claim asylum  (Read 406 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Daniel Horowitz · April 25, 2019   

What percentage of illegal aliens crossing the border are claiming asylum? Eighty percent? Fifty? That’s what you’d think from listening to the news and the politicians. But what if I told you it could be lower than ten percent?

The prevailing narrative about our border is that the surge in illegal immigration is dominated by Central American family units who instantly assert a “credible fear” of persecution and are immediately processed as asylum seekers and released into our interior with the faint hope that they will show up to a court hearing, where their claim will likely be turned down. While it is likely that the perception of bogus asylum claims as the key to obtaining release into our country is what motivated this wave originally, it appears that few of them are even asserting a bogus credible fear at all. Yet, we are still processing them as if they are legitimate asylees instead of immediately placing them into expedited removal, as required by law.

On Monday, Carl Landrum, deputy chief patrol agent of the Yuma Sector, released a surprising piece of information on Fox News that fundamentally upends the public perception at the border, a fact that would even surprise most in government. “Only six percent of the people crossing the border are expressing a credible fear and requesting asylum,” said Agent Landrum, regarding the Yuma Sector specifically....

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/bombshell-top-border-agent-just-6-illegal-aliens-one-sector-even-claim-asylum/

So, why are our people letting them in?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"So, why are our people letting them in?"

Actually, I think it's U.S. law.

All they have to do is to "set foot on American soil", and "they have a case".
Asylum doesn't matter.

I don't know how old you are, Sanguine, but do you remember "The Doors"?
Jim Morrison said it plainly in his song, "The End":
"The West is the best. GET HERE... and we'll do the rest."

And that's the way it is for illegal immigration.
I don't believe that "it's legal" to simply catch an illegal entrant and immediately return them to "the other side" of the borderline.
Once they touch our soil, "they're here" and they must be given a chance to "make their case" in the legal system.

I'd like to see this changed.
I'd like to see it completely legal to just pitch 'em back over onto the other side of border.
And that includes men, women, children, and even little babies.

I can accept that.
Could you?