Author Topic: France blasts US for weakened UN resolution on sexual violence in conflicts  (Read 292 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'm glad they criticized us! Do you know why? It seems the "watering" down is about "sexual and reproductive healthcare", so in other words, abortions and I gather contraceptives and the like.  And that lady, Amal Clooney was there at the UN. Now, maybe I could find a better article, we all can do our homework on this. I heard about this.

France blasts US for weakened UN resolution on sexual violence in conflicts

The UN Security Council on Tuesday approved a watered-down resolution on sexual violence in conflicts, eliminating language on providing survivors "sexual and reproductive health care" to get US support in a move criticised by France.
ADVERTISING

Tuesday's vote on the German-drafted resolution was 13-0, with Russia and China, which had submitted a rival draft, abstaining.

Both Russia and China said they opposed sexual violence in conflicts, but denounced "lax interpretations" in the text and a "manipulated" struggle to create new UN structures and "override" mandates already approved.

Read more at: https://www.france24.com/en/20190423-un-resolution-sexual-violence-conflicts-france-usa

Before one blames the French here, some of the other articles have worse headlines actually, check for oneself.