Author Topic: Herman Cain withdraws himself from consideration for Federal Reserve Board, Trump says  (Read 150 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Herman Cain withdraws himself from consideration for Federal Reserve Board, Trump says
Trump tweeted Monday that he would respect Cain's wishes and not nominate him for the position.

April 22, 2019, 11:26 AM CDT
By Allan Smith

President Donald Trump tweeted Monday that he will not nominate businessman and failed 2012 GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain to the Federal Reserve Board.

Read more at: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-says-he-won-t-nominate-herman-cain-federal-reserve-n997136

The story goes on to say it is developing, it sounds like the story only came out about 20+ minutes ago..

Too bad and it certainly doesn't sound good for HC.  Anyway, I read here or elsewhere "supposedly" Cain was for some ideas like going back on the gold standard. That doesn't sound bad to me really but I'm not an expert.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 04:51:09 pm by TomSea »

Offline corbe

Cain says he withdrew from Fed consideration because of 'pay cut'

By Sylvan Lane - 04/22/19 04:43 PM EDT

Herman Cain on Monday wrote that he withdrew from consideration for a Federal Reserve appointment because of the money and influence he would lose by working for the central bank.

President Trump announced Monday morning that Cain pulled his name from a potential nomination to the Fed board, two weeks after four Republican senators effectively blocked his confirmation by voicing opposition.

But Cain argued in a column published Monday afternoon by The Western Journal that the GOP opposition and concerns about his background had nothing to do with his decision to withdraw.
Cain wrote that while he “liked the idea of serving on the Fed,” he did not want to take “a pay cut” due to “ethical restrictions.”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/440076-cain-pens-editorial-on-why-he-withdrew-from-fed-consideration
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.