Author Topic: Asos billionaire Anders Holch Povlsen loses three children in Sri Lanka blasts  (Read 1202 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Asos billionaire Anders Holch Povlsen loses three children in Sri Lanka blasts
Straits Times, Apr 22, 2019

LONDON (REUTERS) - Denmark’s richest man Anders Holch Povlsen and his wife lost three of their four children in the Easter Sunday attacks in Sri Lanka, a spokesman for Povlsen’s fashion firm said on Monday (April 22).

The spokesman declined to give any further details, but Danish media said the family had been on holiday in Sri Lanka.

According to the BBC, one of Mr Povlsen's children had posted a photo on Instagram just days ago that was geo-tagged Sri Lanka.

Mr Povlsen, 46, is the owner of fashion firm Bestseller, which includes brands like Vero Moda and Jack & Jones, and is the majority stakeholder in online retailer Asos, while also holding a big stake in Zalando.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/danish-billionaire-loses-three-children-in-sri-lanka-blasts

Online Right_in_Virginia

How does one survive such loss?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I don't know.  How awful for them.  God help them.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well we knew how billionaire Bruce Wayne did, if it was me I would be spending everything I had to fund the eradication of the animals responsible..............at the least.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Well we knew how billionaire Bruce Wayne did, if it was me I would be spending everything I had to fund the eradication of the animals responsible..............at the least.

"They're dead, Jim!"   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Doesn't matter how much $$$ you have.   It must be horrific for their mother, and the surviving child.  How can they ever get 'better'? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

How horrible.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sadly too, fighting terrorists is the ultimate whack-a-mole... they are endless, I thought in the 2000s, if we fight the terrorists in Afghanistan and Iraq (and at that time, really Pakistan too), surely, there numbers would dwindle but the numbers don't seem to do that.

In fact, it seems the more you fight terrorism, the more it grows. One "expert" postulated that. That appears to be so imo.

These terrorists just went out for a huge kill number. An American is missing too. This is in the stickied thread on these Easter bombings. He was at the "Hotel Cinnamon" which was bombed.

Offline Polly Ticks

I cannot begin to fathom.

It brings to mind the story of Horatio G. Spafford, author of the hymn "It Is Well With My Soul". Simply unimaginable.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I cannot begin to fathom.

It brings to mind the story of Horatio G. Spafford, author of the hymn "It Is Well With My Soul". Simply unimaginable.

Yes, yes it does.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That's what I am thinking too.

These idiots had no goal. They did it for no discernable 'reason'. They wanted to kill.
I think that the pink-paint with which the Global Left is currently painting Islam, is turning radically Red.
People worldwide are realizing that these are insane people involved in a Death-Cult.
They have no honor. They have no dignity. They just want to kill. And they really do not care who it is.

This may be the thing that brings fire-and-brimstone down on the insane Islamic Death Preachers.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 06:58:34 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Upon arrest of the local 'Mufti' the Constable said...
I am sorry sir, but it would seem that in the interests of local security and the security of the population at large, we cannot allow you to continue to incite citizens to commit mass murder on behalf of your 7th century God.

We must detain you on the right of the citizenry to live in peace.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

No church/stadium/restaurant, etc., is safe anymore in this country.  Our Catholic Fort Worth Diocese is now in the process of putting security men together so there is protection in every church in the diocese. All members got letters describing what they were doing to keep members safe.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
TomSea wrote:
"In fact, it seems the more you fight terrorism, the more it grows. One "expert" postulated that. That appears to be so imo."

There's a solution to that, Tom, insofar as islam is concerned.

You know what it is.

And so does just about everyone else here.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Islam is the enemy of western civilization, and the sooner the west awakens to that fact, the sooner the world will become safe again from these animals.

History is a wonderful thing, for it tells you exactly what will come in the future.  Mohammed launched this peaceful religion by going about the Mediterranean killing all the men in his path, and enslaving the women and children.  Slavery has been a part of islam from day one.  Murder too.

I do not consider it a valid religion, I don't care how many follow it.  Tens of millions of people throughout Europe followed Hitler, a crazy man. 

Denmark is one of the countries in Europe that decided to deport all the mussies.  Just watch how that process is expedited.

Look what is going on in the Congo.  The 2nd worst outbreak of ebola, and the idiot mussies are killing aid workers, killing an epidemiologist working for WHO.  You can't make this sh*t up, they are insane on a good day.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Islam is the enemy of western civilization, and the sooner the west awakens to that fact, the sooner the world will become safe again from these animals.

History is a wonderful thing, for it tells you exactly what will come in the future.  Mohammed launched this peaceful religion by going about the Mediterranean killing all the men in his path, and enslaving the women and children.  Slavery has been a part of islam from day one.  Murder too.

I do not consider it a valid religion, I don't care how many follow it.  Tens of millions of people throughout Europe followed Hitler, a crazy man. 

Denmark is one of the countries in Europe that decided to deport all the mussies.  Just watch how that process is expedited.

Look what is going on in the Congo.  The 2nd worst outbreak of ebola, and .  You can't make this sh*t up, they are insane on a good day.

Ummm, the Congo is roughly 90% Christian.  Do you know it was members of the very small percentage of muslims living there who killed the aid workers?  @jafo2010

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"They're dead, Jim!"
Really? All muslin terrorists are dead? WELL HUZZAH!