Author Topic: Here’s a secret: Trump has power to end judicial amnesty TODAY under CURRENT law  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Here’s a secret: Trump has power to end judicial amnesty TODAY under CURRENT law
Daniel Horowitz · April 19, 2019   

A Unanimous Senate Voted to End Lawfare in Immigration Two Decades Ago

In 1996, sensing a growing trend of litigation against deportations, Congress clarified unambiguously in The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (“IIRIRA 96”) that any illegal not seeking discretionary relief of asylum must be immediately placed into “expedited removal” unless he or she has a claim of being a citizen or holding a green card. Section 235(b)(1)(A)(i)(iii) of the Immigration and Nationality Act stipulates that whenever an immigration officer determines that an alien is inadmissible, “the officer shall order the alien removed from the United States without further hearing or review unless the alien indicates either an intention to apply for asylum under section 1158 of this title or a fear of persecution.”

That is to say that not only is every illegal alien ineligible to access the courts, they are not even entitled to a hearing in front of an administrative immigration judge. Period. So right off the bat, putting aside the debate over credible fear and asylum law, every other illegal should be immediately deported. A total of 30,555 single adults were apprehended at the border in March of this year plus another 6,168 were deemed inadmissible at points of entry, very few of them having even asserted a bogus credible fear claim. Why are they not all being deported within hours?

But it goes deeper than that. How far does expedited removal go? Congress intended for the executive branch to use it for every single illegal not only caught at the border, but caught in the interior within two years of entry. Yes, you heard that right. A unanimous body of the Senate, backed by the signature of then-President Bill Clinton, wanted to ensure that illegal immigration is, you know, illegal. They are entitled to no due process against deportation (only for criminal charges that threaten them with imprisonment) other than what Congress gives them through statute. And in statute, Congress gave them nothing for the first two years of their illegal status. [Knauff v. Shaughnessy, (1950)]
What if they try to litigate their status as being here for two years? Existing regulation [8 CFR § 235.3(b)(1)(ii)], pursuant to the plain text and unambiguous intent of the statute, is abundantly clear that the burden of proof is on the alien to establish “to the satisfaction of the immigration officer that they have been physically present in the United States continuously for the 2-year period.” Again, who gets to decide? “The Commissioner [now, the ICE Director] shall have the sole discretion to apply the provisions of section 235(b)(1) of the Act, at any time, to any class of aliens described in this section.”

More:

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/heres-secret-trump-power-end-judicial-amnesty-today-current-law/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:10:45 pm by MOD4 »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

rangerrebew

Here’s a secret: Trump has power to end judicial amnesty TODAY under CURRENT law

Daniel Horowitz · April 19, 2019

Al Drago/Bloomberg | Getty Images

How much longer are we going to allow lawless acts of past administrations and lower courts to flip immigration law on its head and act as if the laws themselves are the problems? Our immigration laws aren’t broken, it’s just that carefully selected lower courts violate those laws as well as Supreme Court precedent, plus the executive branch has refused to enforce many laws that haven’t even been tampered with yet by the judges. The American people never voted for the system in place to today. In fact, the people’s representatives voted for the opposite.

Last week, near Philadelphia, yet another alleged illegal alien child molester was arrested on charges of attempting to lure minors. Twenty-five-year-old Eudy Najera-Arita, an illegal alien from Honduras, was arrested in Delaware County, PA, in connection with two luring attempts of minors and exposing himself to one of the girls. As has been my practice in these cases, I reached out to Immigration and Customs Enforcement to get his immigration history. I asked if Najera-Arita was previously deported and reentered unknowingly or if he had been in this country undetected until local police picked him up on April 9. To my shock, it was neither. He was known to immigration officials, but was indeed never deported.

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...y-current-law/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline MOD4

Already posted.  Topics merged.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online libertybele

I am angry.  Angry that this President does nothing and has duped his supporters, yet they still refuse to hold him responsible.  Time for his staunch supporters to get angry and hold his feet to the fire.  Otherwise, he still feels like he "Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters".

Wake up!

In case you didn't catch this story in the 'immigration' thread:

Most illegal immigrants in US receive government benefits, costing taxpayers billions: experts

https://www.foxnews.com/us/the-cost-of-illegal-immigration-migrants-cost-us-taxpayers-billions-a-year
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I am angry.  Angry that this President does nothing and has duped his supporters, yet they still refuse to hold him responsible.  Time for his staunch supporters to get angry and hold his feet to the fire.  Otherwise, he still feels like he "Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters".

Wake up!

In case you didn't catch this story in the 'immigration' thread:

Most illegal immigrants in US receive government benefits, costing taxpayers billions: experts

https://www.foxnews.com/us/the-cost-of-illegal-immigration-migrants-cost-us-taxpayers-billions-a-year

I am probably as angry as you are, if not more so...

But my question is this: how do you suppose that we (considering that I voted for Trump) should either "hold him responsible" or "hold his feet to the fire?"

What power does a voter have in this regard?

Get a Twitter account and yell at him there?  Write a letter of complaint to the White House?

I seriously don't see a thing that a voter can do, until it is primary time.  Then if there is an alternative that we believe to be better, we can cast our vote in that direction...

Otherwise, I just don't see a damn thing that can be done.  Do you?  (Serious question, not snark.)

@libertybele

Online libertybele

I am probably as angry as you are, if not more so...

But my question is this: how do you suppose that we (considering that I voted for Trump) should either "hold him responsible" or "hold his feet to the fire?"

What power does a voter have in this regard?

Get a Twitter account and yell at him there?  Write a letter of complaint to the White House?

I seriously don't see a thing that a voter can do, until it is primary time.  Then if there is an alternative that we believe to be better, we can cast our vote in that direction...

Otherwise, I just don't see a damn thing that can be done.  Do you?  (Serious question, not snark.)

@libertybele

Well, its been done before during 'W's administration -- and eventually the Secure Fence Act was passed and amnesty was held at bay.

People just like you and I flooded the phones with faxes, phone calls and sent e-mails.  It worked.  Not saying that it would be successful, but isn't it worth trying?  Problem is, his supporters refuse to recognize or admit his failure.

IF Trump supporters would flood the systems with calls and e-mails demanding that something be done as promised it may have an impact.

He feels his supporters will always be there -- they need to tell him otherwise.

What good is it going to do to re-elect him if he is going to shutdown the border a year from now?  He has recanted on everything that he has done on the border issue. Another year, and then it will be after the 2020 election; guarantee it.  I ask his supporters, what has he done??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Well, its been done before during 'W's administration -- and eventually the Secure Fence Act was passed and amnesty was held at bay.

People just like you and I flooded the phones with faxes, phone calls and sent e-mails.  It worked.  Not saying that it would be successful, but isn't it worth trying?  Problem is, his supporters refuse to recognize or admit his failure.

IF Trump supporters would flood the systems with calls and e-mails demanding that something be done as promised it may have an impact.

He feels his supporters will always be there -- they need to tell him otherwise.

What good is it going to do to re-elect him if he is going to shutdown the border a year from now?  He has recanted on everything that he has done on the border issue. Another year, and then it will be after the 2020 election; guarantee it.  I ask his supporters, what has he done??

I do remember that... what was it around 2005 or so?  I used to send Faxes, I can't recall if I ever sent an email.  Never could get through by telephone.  What I remember is that the public outcry seemed to stop the Republicans from an amnesty....  was that the "Gang of 8" crap?  Has it been that long ago....

Everyone should try to get the message across, whether you voted for him in 2016 or not.

Online corbe

My Administration would have put the US Constitution above the GOP/Chamber of Commerce cartel and eliminated the loopholes in US Law that entices these people to come here in the first place ~ remove the GD incentives and they will stop coming.

*Still butthurt after all these years and 850 days into this CF.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:02:01 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

I do remember that... what was it around 2005 or so?  I used to send Faxes, I can't recall if I ever sent an email.  Never could get through by telephone.  What I remember is that the public outcry seemed to stop the Republicans from an amnesty....  was that the "Gang of 8" crap?  Has it been that long ago....

Everyone should try to get the message across, whether you voted for him in 2016 or not.

I made phone calls several times a week, even to those in other states and outside my district.  We did succeed at stopping amnesty, indeed.

In order for there to be any chance of success, there has to be an overwhelming outcry from his supporters and I don't see that happening.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

My Administration would have put the US Constitution above the GOP/Chamber of Commerce cartel and eliminated the loopholes in US Law that entices these people to come here in the first place ~ remove the GD incentives and they will stop coming.

I agree @corbe     He would have gotten the

Passed!

Offline Chosen Daughter

And I like the beard!

Trump supporters are always saying that nobody was even talking about immigration until Trump.  Total lie.  Ted Cruz was.  I would vote for him if he ran again.

Click here for 21 full quotes on Immigration OR background on Immigration.
Use all tools available to stop asylum for migrant caravan. (Nov 2018)
Enforce the law but also keep families together. (Oct 2018)
No path to citizenship to DREAMers or anyone else. (Oct 2018)
Bar refugees from terrorist-ridden regions. (Mar 2016)
Children deported with parents can come back, if citizens. (Feb 2016)
I led the fight to defeat the Reid-Schumer amnesty bill. (Feb 2016)
FactCheck: Yes, Bill Clinton deported 12M illegal aliens. (Dec 2015)
Build a wall instead of massive amnesty plan. (Dec 2015)
Enforce the law against millions of illegals currently here. (Dec 2015)
Illegals are an economic calamity for low-wage Americans. (Nov 2015)
Support Kate's Law: oppose our leaders who won't enforce. (Aug 2015)
Path to citizenship is profoundly unfair to legal immigrants. (Feb 2015)
End Obama's illegal amnesty via Congress' checks & balances. (Nov 2014)
Defund amnesty; and refuse any nominees until rescinded. (Nov 2014)
Democrats want amnesty to get a lot more Democratic voters. (Mar 2014)
No path to citizenship for 1.65 million illegals in Texas. (Oct 2012)
Give police more power to ask about immigration status. (Jun 2012)
Boots on the ground, plus a wall. (Apr 2012)
Triple the size of the Border Patrol. (Mar 2012)
Strengthen border security and increase enforcement. (Jul 2011)
ICE performs vital functions that protect American families. (Jul 2018)

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Ted_Cruz.htm
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:28:26 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Trump supporters are always saying that nobody was even talking about immigration until Trump.  Total lie.  Ted Cruz was.  I would vote for him if he ran again.

Click here for 21 full quotes on Immigration OR background on Immigration.
Use all tools available to stop asylum for migrant caravan. (Nov 2018)
Enforce the law but also keep families together. (Oct 2018)
No path to citizenship to DREAMers or anyone else. (Oct 2018)
Bar refugees from terrorist-ridden regions. (Mar 2016)
Children deported with parents can come back, if citizens. (Feb 2016)
I led the fight to defeat the Reid-Schumer amnesty bill. (Feb 2016)
FactCheck: Yes, Bill Clinton deported 12M illegal aliens. (Dec 2015)
Build a wall instead of massive amnesty plan. (Dec 2015)
Enforce the law against millions of illegals currently here. (Dec 2015)
Illegals are an economic calamity for low-wage Americans. (Nov 2015)
Support Kate's Law: oppose our leaders who won't enforce. (Aug 2015)
Path to citizenship is profoundly unfair to legal immigrants. (Feb 2015)
End Obama's illegal amnesty via Congress' checks & balances. (Nov 2014)
Defund amnesty; and refuse any nominees until rescinded. (Nov 2014)
Democrats want amnesty to get a lot more Democratic voters. (Mar 2014)
No path to citizenship for 1.65 million illegals in Texas. (Oct 2012)
Give police more power to ask about immigration status. (Jun 2012)
Boots on the ground, plus a wall. (Apr 2012)
Triple the size of the Border Patrol. (Mar 2012)
Strengthen border security and increase enforcement. (Jul 2011)
ICE performs vital functions that protect American families. (Jul 2018)

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Ted_Cruz.htm

@Chosen Daughter Trump supporters tend to have selective convenient forgetfulness.

Ted would have made an excellent president.  I still am inclined to believe that one of Trump's objectives may have been to assist the DEMS in defeating him.

Online libertybele

Don't foresee him saying GD, but I have little doubt he would have gotten the job done.   888high58888

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz lost because his campaign mocked the Bible, forever, he'd never be able to win anywhere in the Bible belt but TX and neighboring OK.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

At least, Rubio has real integrity instead of making falsehoods up about religion.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:39:19 am by TomSea »

Online libertybele

Cruz lost because his campaign mocked the Bible, forever, he'd never be able to win anywhere in the Bible belt but TX and neighboring OK.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

At least, Rubio has real integrity instead of making falsehoods up about religion.

Out of curiosity, do you daydream a lot or just smoke a lot of weed?

Offline MOD4

This thread is about Donald Trump and illegal immigration.  Do not restart the Cruz wars here. 

Online libertybele

This thread is about Donald Trump and illegal immigration.  Do not restart the Cruz wars here.

OK ... back on topic. Trump isn't doing his damn job nor is he delivering what he promised!

Online corbe

I agree Mod4 @libertybele obviously has @TomSea confused with me, I smoke enuf weed for both of us.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline MOD4

TM
   I agree Mod4 @libertybele obviously has @TomSea confused with me, I smoke enuf weed for both of us.

TMI @corbe.

Online libertybele

:rolling:  :silly:   888high58888

Post of the day!

Online corbe

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter Trump supporters tend to have selective convenient forgetfulness.

Ted would have made an excellent president.  I still am inclined to believe that one of Trump's objectives may have been to assist the DEMS in defeating him.

I thought so, and still do too.  Back then everyone that bothered to look at who Trump was would see his liberal ties.  And all the calls at the rally's to "lock her up" and then at Inauguration lunch Trump honors the Clintons presence.  His daughter sits at their table.  And then he follows that up by saying she suffered enough.  He has managed to keep the country focused on him and all of his problems with staff and Mueller.  Says he isn't going to sign but does.  Everything he has done sabotages border security.

Online libertybele

In all seriousness. ....

Trump has the authority and the power to do a lot of things and FAILS to do so.  Very concerning.  Like him or not he is who we have standing between saving or losing our Republic!