Author Topic: La La Land  (Read 307 times)

rangerrebew

La La Land
« on: April 21, 2019, 03:13:42 pm »

La La Land

Published: 
Mon, Apr 15th 2019 @ 9:13 am EDT  by  Andrew Good

Last week, Bloomberg's Matthew Winkler wrote warmly of an "Economic Boom" happening in Los Angeles, California. The Big Orange should be thrilled:

Measured by the growth of personal income, gross domestic product per capita, jobs, home prices, global trade and transportation, corporate equity and municipal debt, Los Angeles has become the most productive of the five biggest U.S. cities.

Americans yearning to breathe golden opportunity should immediately pick up their current stakes and huddle near our teeming Western shore, right? If they do, I recommend they bring a tent (at least the weather's nice!). Winkler continues:

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/la-la-land

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: La La Land
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 08:40:03 am »
So your house is worth 50% more over the last 5 years.

Now you have a choice. Sell the house and pay the taxes on the 'income',

or Pay higher real estate taxes because your house is 'worth more'.

BOHICA, California!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis