Author Topic: Mayor Pete Buttigieg: ‘Think of Something Really Gay — That’s How Gay I Am’  (Read 6936 times)

Offline bilo

I'd add normalization of divorce in there, producing children that don't have the benefits of a traditional family upbringing, and are therefore more likely to continue the downward slide.

Great point!

I think one aspect of the "no fault" divorce craze has been people don't make a mental commitment to fix whats broken. As the family breaks down society is transformed. The state becomes the go to source for help, direction and support.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I'd add normalization of divorce in there, producing children that don't have the benefits of a traditional family upbringing, and are therefore more likely to continue the downward slide.

I agree with that.   Normalization of divorce has had far-reaching social consequences.   Normalization of marriage for homosexuals, in my view, does not.   Indeed,  to the extent it encourages gays to settle down in monogamous relationships,  I think it tends to suppress the irresponsible "bathhouse" culture by creating socially acceptable ways for homosexuals to live and present themselves to the world at large.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Indeed,  to the extent it encourages gays to settle down in monogamous relationships

Ironically, I don't know any monogamous gay couples.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Absalom

Then we should ban the internet and Netflix.   WSJ this morning reported that some social scientists think the popularity of binge-watching, rather than the old habit of watching the news that ends at 11:30 sharp leaving time for the Beast with Two Backs,  is contributing to population decline.    Even couples who say they are trying to reproduce are finding binge-watching more irresistible than their partners. 
That small portion of the population that's homosexual isn't the problem.   White people don't reproduce because they don't prioritize it.   First start a career and then,  when career and finances are on track,   watch TV.   
---------------------------------
Hmm.............wonder if there's any way to organize a
cage fight between homosexuality vs. tee-vee???????

Offline dfwgator

Great point!

I think one aspect of the "no fault" divorce craze has been people don't make a mental commitment to fix whats broken. As the family breaks down society is transformed. The state becomes the go to source for help, direction and support.

That is why one cannot be fiscally conservative and socially liberal.  It doesn't work.  Inevitably if you are liberal on one, you will be liberal on the other.

Online mountaineer

Rivals are scrambling to dig up dirt on Pete Buttigieg
Buttigieg was on nobody's radar as a serious presidential contender until a few weeks ago. Now his competitors are scrambling to find vulnerabilities.
April 23, 2019, 4:33 AM EDT
By Josh Lederman

SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Caught off guard by his sudden surge, Pete Buttigieg's rivals are scrambling to find vulnerabilities and lines of attack that can be used against him, five officials with opposing Democratic primary campaigns and Republican political groups tell NBC News.

The situation is different than with Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden, Democrats who have long been on the national scene and were widely expected to run for president. Potential rivals and GOP campaign groups have spent years hunting for dirt — known in political parlance as "opposition research" — that could be deployed against them. Major political groups had entire books of "oppo" ready to go by the time those candidates entered the race. Biden is expected to enter formally this week.

In contrast, Buttigieg was on nobody's radar as a serious presidential contender until a few weeks ago. As a millennial who has never held an office higher than mayor of a midsize town, his record is largely unexamined.

Now his competitors are rushing to file a flood of Freedom of Information Act requests, according to officials, collecting everything he's ever said in public or posted on social media, and poring over years-old budgets from South Bend, Indiana, where he's served as mayor since 2012.  ...
NBC News

"Oppo" with the letters scrambled is "poop." Seems apt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bilo

That is why one cannot be fiscally conservative and socially liberal.  It doesn't work.  Inevitably if you are liberal on one, you will be liberal on the other.

I've got friends who would disagree, but I don't. I think it's all connected.

Offline dfwgator

I've got friends who would disagree, but I don't. I think it's all connected.

I used to believe it was possible, but then I woke up.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

That makes no sense.   Why cannot one support the right of gays to marry,  or of women to decide for themselves whether to reproduce, or of citizens to smoke legal weed in the privacy of their homes,  and not also favor lower taxes and less government?   Indeed,  the idea of less intrusive government is quite consistent with not wanting the government to stick its nose in folks' bedrooms and private lives.   
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:56:12 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Idiot

Mayor Pete Buttigieg: ‘Think of Something Really Gay — That’s How Gay I Am’
Breitbart, Apr 20, 2019

Mayor Pete Buttigieg acknowledged that he would face challenges as an openly gay presidential candidate if he ultimately faced President Donald Trump in the general election.

“I’m from Indiana, I’m gay as a — I don’t know, think of something really gay — that’s how gay I am,” he said in an interview with TMZ’s Harvey Levin.

“I’m used to bullying,” Buttigieg replied. “I think you confront it, initially, and move on.”

He said that as a presidential candidate he would focus on calling out Trump’s behavior but remain intent on changing the subject to his own agenda.

Buttigieg quoted Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. saying that “darkness cannot drive out darkness. Only light can do that.”

Yes, there's more:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/04/19/mayor-pete-buttigieg-think-of-something-really-gay-thats-how-gay-i-am/
:3:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Pete Buttigieg: ‘Think of Something Really Gay — That’s How Gay I Am’"....anal warts.

Yep, taking faggotry to levels never seen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

That makes no sense.   Why cannot one support the right of gays to marry,  or of women to decide for themselves whether to reproduce, or of citizens to smoke legal weed in the privacy of their homes,  and not also favor lower taxes and less government?   Indeed,  the idea of less intrusive government is quite consistent with not wanting the government to stick its nose in folks' bedrooms and private lives.

There's a difference between not intruding and rewarding bad behavior.

Offline dfwgator

Here's the problem.  You want to legalize drugs, fine.   But what happens when nobody wants to hire a person because they can't pass a drug screening?    You going to let them starve?   Sure some drug users can do just fine at work,  I get that.  But overall, a leniency towards drugs will make more people ultimately dependent on the government.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
People don't get arrested for smoking weed in their homes. They get arrested for possession while they are driving around or driving impaired.

Same-sex marriage is a slippery slope and has been for decades.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
There's a difference between not intruding and rewarding bad behavior.

None of the things I listed are necessarily "bad behavior", but rather the exercise of one's liberty.   I dislike the idea of government serving as morality police.   

Online mountaineer

Buttigieg quoted Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. saying that “darkness cannot drive out darkness. Only light can do that.”
The Rev. King believed homosexuals needed psychological help.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Not to mention the war on Christianity that might have stemmed that slide.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Great point!

It is all part of the culture of disposable whatever--from paper plates to planned obsolescence, children are conditioned to believe if it is broken, just get a new one, a mentality that has pretty much pervaded every aspect of our society, from toys to gadgets (and as they age) to appliances to cars to marriages.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Look, marriage was the provenance of the Church, a sacrament. Sorry, but that "same sex union" stuff just doesn't gibe with the teachings of some churches, especially the Bible and Christianity. Heck even Islam doesn't tolerate homosexuality. WOmen deciding whether to reproduce has been standard through civilized times, but deciding to kill the baby after they have engaged in conjugal conduct is another story. We have been over that repeatedly, but murder is murder, the time to choose was before having sex. There are plenty of ways to prevent pregnancy, including not having sex. That's the time to choose, when no innocent need be killed.
Or would you do away with laws against murder?

Governments are instituted among humanity for the purpose of securing their rights, those unalienable rights endowed by their Creator, of Life and Liberty among others, but especially Life, without which all others are moot..

Is that the less intrusive government you want mucking about in everyone's gun cabinet?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 07:24:13 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Is that the less intrusive government you want mucking about in everyone's gun cabinet?

Heck,  you've already established that you want government mucking about in everyone's bedroom and private life (apparently in service to your religion),  yet you draw the line at the gun cabinet?   I don't get it - other than as an exercise in hypocrisy.   

Online mountaineer

Okay, Mayor Pete, I finally thought of something really gay.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Heck,  you've already established that you want government mucking about in everyone's bedroom and private life (apparently in service to your religion),  yet you draw the line at the gun cabinet?   I don't get it - other than as an exercise in hypocrisy.   

No one is in your bedroom but they are in our gun cabinets.
Same-sex marriage started us down the slippery slope. "If two men love each other, who are you to stand on the courthouse steps and deny them the right to marry?" becomes "If three men love each other, who are you to stand on the courthouse steps and deny them the right to marry?"
Countdown to Resignation

Offline bilo

No one is in your bedroom but they are in our gun cabinets.
Same-sex marriage started us down the slippery slope. "If two men love each other, who are you to stand on the courthouse steps and deny them the right to marry?" becomes "If three men love each other, who are you to stand on the courthouse steps and deny them the right to marry?"

I think the next big push will be lowering the age of consent.

We are in a world where absolute truth no longer exists concerning morality and social norms. The celebration of homosexuality as a "normal, healthy lifestyle" is just one contributing factor in the destruction of our bedrock values.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I think the next big push will be lowering the age of consent.

We are in a world where absolute truth no longer exists concerning morality and social norms. The celebration of homosexuality as a "normal, healthy lifestyle" is just one contributing factor in the destruction of our bedrock values.

The question isn't whether homosexuality is "normal" - it clearly is, for certain individuals.     The question is whether homosexual behavior - like heterosexual behavior - is to practiced responsibly and in conformity with good health and social norms.    Here, the issue is promiscuity vs. monogamy.    I support gay marriage precisely because it presents a vehicle by which homosexuals can practice their sexuality in the traditional, responsible manner -  with their monogamous partner with whom they've made a lifetime commitment of mutual care.   Without the institution of marriage,  it is too easy for folks - whether gay or straight - to act like horndogs without responsibility,  leaving victims of their selfish behavior in their wake.   

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I support gay marriage precisely because it presents a vehicle by which homosexuals can practice their sexuality in the traditional, responsible manner - 

You realize they can do that without getting married. And being married doesn't mean they are monogamous
Countdown to Resignation