Author Topic: Romney 'sickened' by Trump's behavior in Mueller report  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Romney 'sickened' by Trump's behavior in Mueller report
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2019, 09:03:25 am »
Still doesn't equate to collusion or obstruction.
In that case let me revise and extend my remark.
He's actually reading the report even though Trump/Barr/Hannity/txradioguy say there was no collusion. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2019, 09:07:00 am »
In that case let me revise and extend my remark.
He's actually reading the report even though Trump/Barr/Hannity/txradioguy say there was no collusion. *****rollingeyes*****

Show me the part..cause I've read through it...where the Mueller report says that Trump colluded with the Russians to throw the 2016 election?

And while you're there show me the obstruction.  Cause I didn't see it.

Maybe it's you who needs to actually read the report instead of relying on someone's interpretation that fits what you want to believe.

Just sayin...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2019, 10:46:06 am »
Show me the part..cause I've read through it...where the Mueller report says that Trump colluded with the Russians to throw the 2016 election?
I'll do that when you show me where I said "the Mueller report says that Trump colluded with the Russians to throw the 2016 elections."
And while you're there show me the obstruction.  Cause I didn't see it.

Maybe it's you who needs to actually read the report instead of relying on someone's interpretation that fits what you want to believe.

Just sayin...
I don't know why this confrontational.  Barr has a press conference where he says "no collusion" a dozen times, to minimize the report.  The report is titled "Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election."  Something we all know happened.  Something everybody agrees happened...except our President.  He thinks it could be China, or some 400-pound guy sitting on his bed.  Trump shows his ass in Helsinki when asked about Russian meddling he says "Putin said they didn't so I have no reason to believe they did."  Trump tells us he has no business in Russia and oh my god he's trying to build a Trump Tower and give Putin the top floor.  They lie about the meeting in Trump Tower with traitor-tot Jr to get dirt on Hillary but they say there was no collusion because they failed to get it.  Trump begs Russia to find Hillary's email on live television at a rally. 

I don't need a report because I already saw it on TV, and I don't need Barr to tell me no collusion. 

If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.

The evidence we obtained about the President’s actions and intent presents difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him

I can judge for myself...as can the House of Representatives.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:48:19 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2019, 01:55:34 pm »
Evidently there is some Trump behavior in it.

Did Congress pass a law, and a President signed that makes "Trump Behavior" a crime?  Please be specific in your cite and link.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2019, 02:03:25 pm »
Did Congress pass a law, and a President signed that makes "Trump Behavior" a crime?  Please be specific in your cite and link.

Yeah, regarding progressives, it’s called the law of averages.

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2019, 02:23:53 pm »
no.

It's going to be up to Congress to decide if actively trying to obstruct justice but being an abject failure at it is a crime.

Have a blessed Easter @Cyber Liberty

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2019, 02:28:52 pm »
no.

It's going to be up to Congress to decide if actively trying to obstruct justice but being an abject failure at it is a crime.

Thank Yew!  We're having our first guests at the new Castle this weekend, and we are feeling quite blessed!   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2019, 02:56:20 pm »
The evidence we obtained about the President’s actions and intent presents difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred.

It also prevents them from conclusively determining that a criminal conduct occurred.  They can't prove a thing either way.

Hold up what was found in this report against what Ken Starr found in his report about Clinton...or the scandal about Chinese campaign money...ManBearPig (a.k.a. AlGore) holding a fund raiser in a Buddhist temple. "No controlling legal authority."

Uranium One anybody?  Deleted classified emails and an illegal...hacked server in a barn?

Hold up this report against the Obama scandals...to include his involvement in what got this whole mess started.  There's no comparison.

How many times did Trump exert Executive Privilege to prevent Mueller and his merry band of Liberal donors from talking to people or examining documents.

Zero.

I'll remind people again I didn't vote for Trump and I'll be hard pressed to do it in 2020...I might just sit this one out...but I'll defend him against this lame ass "investigation" and the bullsh*t way the report was written and how the haters and the media are framing it.

There is no there there.

And I'll say it again it's pretty pathetic that there are people in this country that are disappointed the President was cleared of the things he was accused of.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2019, 02:59:17 pm »
Once again, may I repeat.    There are none so blind as those who will not see.
What I see is a pot full of republican frogs not noticing that the water is about to boil again.
2018 was just a taste of what is to come if the republicans continue their mad dash to oblivion.

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2019, 03:13:49 pm »
It also prevents them from conclusively determining that a criminal conduct occurred.  They can't prove a thing either way.

Hold up what was found in this report against what Ken Starr found in his report about Clinton...or the scandal about Chinese campaign money...ManBearPig (a.k.a. AlGore) holding a fund raiser in a Buddhist temple. "No controlling legal authority."

Uranium One anybody?  Deleted classified emails and an illegal...hacked server in a barn?

Hold up this report against the Obama scandals...to include his involvement in what got this whole mess started.  There's no comparison.

First off you just did compare Trump, Clinton, and Obama.  That's what a comparison is, and I like your choices.  But let us be fair to Clinton and Obama.  We have a history of 8 years of scandals for both.  Trump is a record breaker and this party is just getting started.

And I'll say it again it's pretty pathetic that there are people in this country that are disappointed the President was cleared of the things he was accused of.

I'm disappointed I was told complete exoneration and vindication and it looks more like treason than ever, but I'll let the House decide that.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2019, 03:40:58 pm »
no.

It'll be up to the American people to decide whether or not they concur with congress that stamping one's foot and cursing constitutes criminal 'obstruction'.

I'm all for it - its my guess congress will come out of it somewhat worse for the wear.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2019, 03:55:34 pm »

How many times did Trump exert Executive Privilege to prevent Mueller and his merry band of Liberal donors from talking to people or examining documents.

Zero.

I'll remind people again I didn't vote for Trump and I'll be hard pressed to do it in 2020...I might just sit this one out...but I'll defend him against this lame ass "investigation" and the bullsh*t way the report was written and how the haters and the media are framing it.

There is no there there.

Kudos on an intelligent, truthful assessment.

Along with feeling relief that the Mueller investigation is over, I am angry. The Russia lie and investigation crippled an incoming president’s momentum and tied up the very resources he needed to achieve his programs: those important promises that he just made to the voters and that he was elected on.

Now that Mueller’s findings have been reported, I’m in no mood to listen to any further criticisms regarding Trump and Russia, obstruction or impeachment—or his tweets for that matter. It’s time President Trump was freed up to get on with the job of realigning Washington politics, Trump’s mandate, and respect and respond to the voices of Trump’s voters and supporters.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2019, 04:27:15 pm »
EdJames sickened by Romney's presence in the US Senate

(And yes, this gives me reason to suspect that Milt will be testing the waters for a primary challenge.)

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2019, 04:39:21 pm »
The evidence we obtained about the President’s actions and intent presents difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred.

@txradioguy

The logical certainty that a negative cannot be proven is evidence enough to prove the idiocy of the statement above.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2019, 05:16:09 pm »
I think I agree most with Limbaugh's assessment of the so-called 10 instances "obstruction of justice."  Trump was basically trying to put down a coup attempt which had been deliberately set up by the previous administration.  Assuming Trump knew there was no collusion, then he would have to conclude the whole investigation was nothing more than a subversion of our democracy, and therefore it was his responsibility to shut it down.  In fact, as POTUS, he was the only one who could have shut it down.  He alone had the power.  How on earth anyone could get obstruction of justice out of that is beyond me.

As for Romney, his only shot at the presidency is if Trump goes the way of GWB and becomes a pariah in the GOP.  If that happens, Romney is well-positioned to say "I told you so."  This is not about 2020, but 2024. when Romney is facing Pence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2019, 05:35:19 pm »
I think I agree most with Limbaugh's assessment of the so-called 10 instances "obstruction of justice."  Trump was basically trying to put down a coup attempt which had been deliberately set up by the previous administration.  Assuming Trump knew there was no collusion, then he would have to conclude the whole investigation was nothing more than a subversion of our democracy, and therefore it was his responsibility to shut it down.  In fact, as POTUS, he was the only one who could have shut it down.  He alone had the power.  How on earth anyone could get obstruction of justice out of that is beyond me.

As for Romney, his only shot at the presidency is if Trump goes the way of GWB and becomes a pariah in the GOP.  If that happens, Romney is well-positioned to say "I told you so."  This is not about 2020, but 2024. when Romney is facing Pence.

It is said that Mueller knew by Dec. 2017 there was no collusion. Trump knew from the start that he himself didn't collude.

The heads on DNI, CIA and FBI colluded, however.Trump needed an investigation to run its course, to detail the evidenee of same.

What did Obama//Lynch/Comey/McCabe/Brennan/Clapper know and when did they know it?

AG Mitchell served prison time, for his Watergate role.

The problem today, is the absence of a Sen. Howard Bakerr equivalent.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2019, 09:37:35 pm »

If by some miracle Romney ever was the Republican nominee again,  he'd get crushed even worse than he was in 2012.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2019, 09:45:20 pm »
Kudos on an intelligent, truthful assessment.

Along with feeling relief that the Mueller investigation is over, I am angry. The Russia lie and investigation crippled an incoming president’s momentum and tied up the very resources he needed to achieve his programs: those important promises that he just made to the voters and that he was elected on.

Now that Mueller’s findings have been reported, I’m in no mood to listen to any further criticisms regarding Trump and Russia, obstruction or impeachment—or his tweets for that matter. It’s time President Trump was freed up to get on with the job of realigning Washington politics, Trump’s mandate, and respect and respond to the voices of Trump’s voters and supporters.

We don’t agree on much @aligncare but I agree with you on this. 

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2019, 02:04:35 am »
no.

Congress doesn't get to prosecute an accusation of a crime, which has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.  If a "High crime or misdemeanor" was committed and proven, then I would agree that the constitutional provision for impeachment then kicks in.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online libertybele

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2019, 02:26:03 am »

I believe that the attempted coup is still on going.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2019, 12:47:24 pm »
The Republic is lost.