Author Topic: Another Judge Blocks Citizenship Question On Census  (Read 291 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Another Judge Blocks Citizenship Question On Census
« on: April 09, 2019, 05:55:49 pm »
SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: https://hotair.com/archives/2019/04/09/another-judge-blocks-citizenship-question-census/

by Jazz Shaw

Lest we forget, 2020 isn’t just a presidential election year. It’s also time once again for the decennial census. And one of the hot button issues surrounding this tedious chore is whether or not the government will be asking questions about everyone’s citizenship status on the standard census form instead of just on the long forms like they usually do. The White House says yes, but opponents of the idea have been going to court trying to block the action. They’ve succeeded twice already, and now another judge in Maryland is also issuing an injunction. (Baltimore Sun )

A third federal judge has blocked the Trump administration from adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census, ruling Friday that it poses a “substantial risk” of undercounting Hispanics and non-citizens.

U.S. District Judge George Hazel in Maryland also concluded that a citizenship question is “arbitrary and capricious” and violates the Constitution and the federal Administrative Procedure Act.

Federal judges in New York and California previously barred the Trump administration from adding a citizenship question to the census for the first time since 1950. The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear arguments April 23 for the Justice Department ‘s appeal of the New York judge’s decision.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Another Judge Blocks Citizenship Question On Census
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 06:19:10 pm »
I just don't get that judges run the country, now.

We can ELECT a President, House and Senate, and UNELECTED judges can over rule them.

This ain't effin right, I say.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Another Judge Blocks Citizenship Question On Census
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 07:33:44 pm »
I just don't get that judges run the country, now.

We can ELECT a President, House and Senate, and UNELECTED judges can over rule them.

This ain't effin right, I say.

This is the logical conclusion of Marbury v Madison.  The SCOTUS set itself up to be the final arbiter of any government action, and that philosophy has filtered down to the lowest level Judge who can now strike down any law or EO for the entire country from a safe bench in Hawaii.

To the thunderous applause of clever lawyers everywhere. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: