Author Topic: Punishing Trumpers: Full-page NY Times ad asks CEOs to blacklist anyone working for POTUS  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
The left is in it to win, completely.

Then why are 18 (at last count ) people running for President? It seems like a lot of names for Iowa. Wouldn’t it be better to be more united now and get behind the top five or six?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Then why are 18 (at last count ) people running for President? It seems like a lot of names for Iowa. Wouldn’t it be better to be more united now and get behind the top five or six?

We've still got 1.75 years until the election. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Personally I think this causes voter fatigue and apathy. This might be the reason so many people don’t vote or don’t care. I’m talking as someone who works as a poll taker. It’s my opinion why turn out is so bad.

@Sanguine
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Personally I think this causes voter fatigue and apathy. This might be the reason so many people don’t vote or don’t care. I’m talking as someone who works as a poll taker. It’s my opinion why turn out is so bad.

@Sanguine

@Freya, I agree, it does cause apathy.  Another few causes may be because people question whether their votes count (nothing ever changes for the better), whether the whole thing is rigged and manipulated (illegal voters and illegal methods), whether electing another person who wants to be elected with help (all of them seem to want to get on the taxpayer-paid gravy train instead of representing their electorate), and finally, so many are so historically ignorant they don't know why America should continue to exist and why they should be involved with that (we're a democracy, after all).

Offline Night Hides Not

You that is the problem. We have to many "Passive gentlemen" Republicans. Sheeple. And they don't ;like it a bit that Trump is out there punching back harder and two for one. To many on the right will not stand up and fight back. I'm sorry to break this to many that call themselves Republican/ Conservative: Every once in a while you gotta get down in the mud to tie the pig up.

So @Sanguine is the problem? The absolute dearth of cognitive thinking on the part of Trump supporters continues to gnaw at my insides. When in doubt, raise the meme that "we need a fighter", at the expense of disregarding the promises unfulfilled or conveniently forgotten.

Your Dear Leader thrives on managing by chaos, which rarely works in large organizations with an entrenched bureaucracy. Why should one expect change when the permanent workers know they'll have a new boss every six months?

Trump has only one way to lead, and that's by being a bully. It's all he knows, and it will never change.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I may even vote for Trump next year, only because the Democrats will put up someone worse than Hillary, if that is possible. I have another reason: another 4 years of Trump will seal the eventual destruction of the Republican party, just as Obama almost killed the Democrats.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 02:01:37 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

...but only 9-10 months before the primary field is whittled down to a few.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So @Sanguine is the problem? The absolute dearth of cognitive thinking on the part of Trump supporters continues to gnaw at my insides. When in doubt, raise the meme that "we need a fighter", at the expense of disregarding the promises unfulfilled or conveniently forgotten.

Your Dear Leader thrives on managing by chaos, which rarely works in large organizations with an entrenched bureaucracy. Why should one expect change when the permanent workers know they'll have a new boss every six months?

Trump has only one way to lead, and that's by being a bully. It's all he knows, and it will never change.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I may even vote for Trump next year, only because the Democrats will put up someone worse than Hillary, if that is possible. I have another reason: another 4 years of Trump will seal the eventual destruction of the Republican party, just as Obama almost killed the Democrats.

I'm the problem?  Huh?

Offline Night Hides Not

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
According to @verga

Oh, I see.  I think @verga left out a word.  "Are" maybe?

Offline verga

Oh, I see.  I think @verga left out a word.  "Are" maybe?
@Night Hides Not @Sanguine It was supposed to read "YES that is the problem..." That is what I get for hitting post with out proof reading.
My apologies, for any misunderstanding or consternation.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Night Hides Not @Sanguine It was supposed to read "YES that is the problem..." That is what I get for hitting post with out proof reading.

No problem.  I figured that.

Offline Hoodat

You that is the problem. We have to many "Passive gentlemen" Republicans. Sheeple. And they don't ;like it a bit that Trump is out there punching back harder and two for one. To many on the right will not stand up and fight back. I'm sorry to break this to many that call themselves Republican/ Conservative: Every once in a while you gotta get down in the mud to tie the pig up.

I love the fact that Trump is a fighter and is willing to fight.  I just wish he would fight for things that actually mattered - things like balancing the budget, decreased spending, increasing exports, and putting an end to our government subsidizing illegal immigration with billions of dollars of free stuff.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So @Sanguine is the problem? The absolute dearth of cognitive thinking on the part of Trump supporters continues to gnaw at my insides. 

@Night Hides Not

No,what gnaws at your insides is someone is challenging your home team. You don't want to think,you want to mindlessly pull the lever for JEB,Cruz,etc,etc,etc. Anybody that can be considered to be a Party Person.

Admit it,you miss the "Day in the life of Jorge Bush" threads,don't you?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

First of all, ignore @sneakypete's absurd reductionist response. 

I think, very generally, the reason anyone throws their support so fully behind a person is because of fear and the feeling that the other person is stronger, smarter, more knowledgeable, whatever, or, in other words, the problem being faced appears insurmountable and this guy might be able to lead us out of it. 

Another reason might be (and, I think this is particularly true of Trump) that the harder the opposition - the guys on the "wrong" side - attack the leader, the more loudly they defend him and the more emotionally invested they become in him. 

And, the third reason, particularly for conservatives, is that if you tell me how to think, I'm just not going to do it.  I may come around to your way of thinking in time, but only if you back off and let reality take over.  A lot of the anti-Trumpers here seem to delight in insulting and abusing those who do support Trump (and vice-versa).   That's a sure way to generate conflict and turn them even farther toward Trump.  And, the reverse is true.  The more they read what is essentially "Trump is God", the more they dislike him.

We DO need a fighter.  A clear-thinking, effective fighter.  Trump is a lord of chaos.  Which may be to our benefit; that remains to be seen fully.  If nothing else, the enemies he has chosen are the correct enemies.

Offline aligncare

@Sanguine

Have you given any thought to the possibility that ‘chaos in the WH’ is a Democrat/media invention, part of the mountain of smears coming nonstop from his political, ideological enemies?

By the way, Obama had three secretaries of defense in an 18-month period, there were firings in the Reagan WH, as there was in every administration. Chaos is a meme. Think beyond memes.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Have you given any thought to the possibility that ‘chaos in the WH’ is a Democrat/media invention, part of the mountain of smears coming nonstop from his political, ideological enemies?

By the way, Obama had three secretaries of defense in an 18-month period, there were firings in the Reagan WH, as there was in every administration. Chaos is a meme. Think beyond memes.

Of course I have, @aligncare

However, I'm not talking about the media created chaos.  I'm talking about things that are specifically attributable to Trump, like some of his way-off-the-mark-tweets, and his seeming inability to adequately address the border invasion.

Offline Night Hides Not

Not a problem, @verga . Hitting post w/o proofing it is something we're all guilty of. Glad there's a "modify" button that I use with regularity.

Offline Night Hides Not

@Night Hides Not

No,what gnaws at your insides is someone is challenging your home team. You don't want to think,you want to mindlessly pull the lever for JEB,Cruz,etc,etc,etc. Anybody that can be considered to be a Party Person.

Admit it,you miss the "Day in the life of Jorge Bush" threads,don't you?

@sneakypete

For the record: I never voted for Jeb. The Bush family was lost to me the day after Dubya fired Rummy. Since then, they have done absolutely nothing to get back in good graces with me.

I am a staunch Ted Cruz supporter, but mindlessly voting for him? No more than you mindlessly support Donald Trump.