Author Topic: Punishing Trumpers: Full-page NY Times ad asks CEOs to blacklist anyone working for POTUS  (Read 1982 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Punishing Trumpers: Full-page NY Times ad asks CEOs to blacklist anyone working for POTUS
April 8, 2019 | Victor Rantala

A leftist effort to blacklist people who have held positions in the Trump administration is getting a great deal of attention. According to Bloomberg, an open letter signed by 41 liberal groups was sent to the CEOs of all Fortune 500 companies on Saturday.

The group’s letter and full-page New York Times ad in Sunday’s issue claims that “Children were torn away from their parents and placed in cages.”

The letter singles out 30 current and former officials, including John Kelly, former White House chief of staff; former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen; and Trump spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

The move is a widening of the war against the President as it aims to deter those who would otherwise be honored to serve the President and the nation. It also aims to keep the illegal immigration issue boiling on the front burner.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/04/08/punishing-trumpers-full-page-ny-times-ad-asks-ceos-to-blacklist-anyone-working-for-potus-742274
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

The group’s letter and full-page New York Times ad in Sunday’s issue claims that “Children were torn away from their parents and placed in cages.”
UNDER OBAMA

The move is a widening of the war against the President as it aims to deter those who would otherwise be honored to serve the President and the nation. It also aims to keep the illegal immigration issue boiling on the front burner.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/04/08/punishing-trumpers-full-page-ny-times-ad-asks-ceos-to-blacklist-anyone-working-for-potus-742274
Good let's keep it on the front burner. let's get pictures every day of illegals invading. Pictures of angel families. pictures of the victims of crime, etc.... Front page of every paper, lead story on the 6:00 news.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Hoodat

There is something disturbingly familiar about this type of leftist-mandated exclusion.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Next won't just be officials and employees of the administration but plain old supporters....

..then, after that, it won't be just Trump supporters but anyone who doesn't support them (so picking up the Independents, undecided, middle of the road, libertarians, etc).

Offline goatprairie

Next won't just be officials and employees of the administration but plain old supporters....

..then, after that, it won't be just Trump supporters but anyone who doesn't support them (so picking up the Independents, undecided, middle of the road, libertarians, etc).
I have no doubt that many conservatives working for liberal-run businesses keep  their mouths shut about politics. Liberals are vengeful people and growing crazier.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Sooo, why don't you get your head out your ass and look around?   :shrug:

What exactly did you think 'Madam President Clinton' had in store for us?   She, of "the basket of Deplorables...irredeemables"?

This is what amazes me around here....very intelligent people, such as yourself, either not aware of what was coming in the event of a Hillary Administration and a Hillary SCOTUS for the next thirty years minimum

...or

they didn't give a damn.

Maybe when I referred to them as traitors and scoundrels...it's coming into sharper focus for at least some of you.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:03:53 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Sooo, why don't you get your head out your ass and look around?   :shrug:

What exactly did you think 'Madam President Clinton' had in store for us?   She, of "the basket of Deplorables...irredeemables"?

This is what amazes me around here....very intelligent people, such as yourself, either not aware of what was coming in the event of a Hillary Administration and a Hillary SCOTUS for the next thirty years minimum

...or

they didn't give a damn.

Maybe when I referred to them as traitors and scoundrels...it's coming into sharper focus for at least some of you.

You just stepped in exactly the attitude the left also puts out which leads to the type of behavior that results in blacklisting and punishing those of a different opinion and you don't even realize it.

Yes, the left is going nuts- but the right is right on their heels with the same attitude, just about different people and different issues. The pendulum is being swung the same direction by both.

The respect for individual liberty and individual belief is no longer allowed- it is tribalism or bust.

Online DCPatriot

You just stepped in exactly the attitude the left also puts out which leads to the type of behavior that results in blacklisting and punishing those of a different opinion and you don't even realize it.

Yes, the left is going nuts- but the right is right on their heels with the same attitude, just about different people and different issues. The pendulum is being swung the same direction by both.

The respect for individual liberty and individual belief is no longer allowed- it is tribalism or bust.

That's total nonsense, @ABX

Don't equivocate.

The argument here is that you thought 4 to 8 years of Hillary Clinton wasn't any BFD....or you didn't give a personal shit.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
That's total nonsense, @ABX

Don't equivocate.

The argument here is that you thought 4 to 8 years of Hillary Clinton wasn't any BFD....or you didn't give a personal shit.

No, 4-8 years of Hillary WAS/IS a big deal.  I for one was thrilled when Trump defeated her.  I was thrilled when he appointed Gorsuch to the SCOTUS.  In that aspect, he has fulfilled my expectations of him.

However, there is no denying that he has absolutely FAILED on the border crisis.  No one is proclaiming that he is the same as Hillary, though he does seem to be leaning towards open borders for the Western Hemisphere and so in that aspect he's fulfilling her dream.

I had no doubt that he would be good for the economy.  He's a businessman and he's out to make money.  I still stand by statement; he'll be good for the economy, we just may not like how he gets us there. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online DCPatriot

No, 4-8 years of Hillary WAS/IS a big deal.  I for one was thrilled when Trump defeated her.  I was thrilled when he appointed Gorsuch to the SCOTUS.  In that aspect, he has fulfilled my expectations of him.

However, there is no denying that he has absolutely FAILED on the border crisis.  No one is proclaiming that he is the same as Hillary, though he does seem to be leaning towards open borders for the Western Hemisphere and so in that aspect he's fulfilling her dream.

I had no doubt that he would be good for the economy.  He's a businessman and he's out to make money.  I still stand by statement; he'll be good for the economy, we just may not like how he gets us there.

This isn't intended to start the same ole same old, @libertybele

I was just reminiscing the fact that everything I warned you about is commencing right now.  Yet, we won!  They're showing their hands even prior to the 2020 Election.   

So no...we don't go around shutting down free speech.  Or assault humans based upon a MAGA hat or being anti-abortion.

Do you know they agreed....they meaning Ayers/Dorn/Obama/Clinton/Holder/Lynch/Clapper/Comey/Brennan et al...agreed that they would have to lose up to 25-30 million American lives to secure victory?

As ABX said...they're already black-listing Trump Administration people...and American Chick-fil-A.  How much of a leap is it to apply to Trump Supporters based upon their social media posting history?

In fact, that's probably already happening somewhere.

Offline Hoodat

...or

they didn't give a damn.

More likely, they were told by people such as yourself that they weren't needed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

Horsecrap!

Online DCPatriot

More likely, they were told by people such as yourself that they weren't needed.

Another one doesn't know to when to shut up.

That said, thank you for all the power you give me.   Imagine!   Letting a poster on a forum determine who and why you'll vote.

How insecure must those people be?  Huh?

BTW....today, I stand by that statement even more.  They're not needed.  Nor wanted. 

But I sure as hell reserve my right to shine a spotlight on their cockroach asses when the opportunity arises.   :laugh:

Offline Hoodat

Another one doesn't know to when to shut up.

That said, thank you for all the power you give me.   Imagine!

Power?  Not even close.  Simply pointing out the intellectual dishonesty of telling someone they aren't needed, and then blaming them when they don't fix it for you.

Letting a poster on a forum determine who and why you'll vote.

Delusions of grandeur.

BTW....today, I stand by that statement even more.  They're not needed.  Nor wanted. 

Then you shouldn't have a problem with what I said.  Yet you do.  Go figure.

(See:  Intellectual dishonesty)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More Fascism in Action: Top Liberal Groups Send Out Communist Blacklist of Trump Officials to US Corporations

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/04/more-fascism-in-action-top-liberal-groups-send-out-communist-blacklist-of-trump-officials-to-us-corporations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The left is in it to win, completely. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I bet I could never be allowed by the NYT to display a full page ad to similarly blacklist former Obama appointees.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sanguine writes (succinctly):
"The left is in it to win, completely."

The left will use any means they can to reach the end (total power and authoritarian control) that they want.

Traditional-minded Americans at some point will have to accept that they must counter with similar means.

If they are unwilling to do so, the left eventually WILL win.

Offline aligncare

That’s such a lame excuse. So some nasty Trumper hurt your feelings and in your pique you hold a grudge against the president? Campaigns are like that, and rhetoric gets heated. It’s rough and tumble, always has been.

But without the losers how do we tell who the winners are?

Offline Hoodat

That’s such a lame excuse.

Read it again.  It wasn't an excuse.

So some nasty Trumper hurt your feelings and in your pique you hold a grudge against the president?

I don't hold a grudge against the President.  In fact if you had bothered to actually read my posts, you would see that I was one of the first on this thread to defend him.

Campaigns are like that, and rhetoric gets heated. It’s rough and tumble, always has been.

Now that is a lame excuse.  And it does not cover today's statement:

Online Right_in_Virginia

The left is in it to win, completely.

Always.  We need to remember this.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Always.  We need to remember this.

We keep being passive, we're not going to have to remember it.  It will be rubbed in our faces every day.

Offline verga

We keep being passive, we're not going to have to remember it.  It will be rubbed in our faces every day.
You that is the problem. We have to many "Passive gentlemen" Republicans. Sheeple. And they don't ;like it a bit that Trump is out there punching back harder and two for one. To many on the right will not stand up and fight back. I'm sorry to break this to many that call themselves Republican/ Conservative: Every once in a while you gotta get down in the mud to tie the pig up.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I bet I could never be allowed by the NYT to display a full page ad to similarly blacklist former Obama appointees.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Not a chance. If you even tried there would be leftists stroking out and suing you to recover medical bills or burial expenses.

Freedum ob de press,'n all dat doodoo,yes Nazi!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!