Author Topic: Lawyer for 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett answers Chicago's demand of $130K, says actor 'will not be  (Read 455 times)

Offline Applewood

Lawyer for 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett answers Chicago's demand of $130K, says actor 'will not be intimidated'

If the city follows through on threats to sue Jussie Smollett, the “Empire” actor’s attorneys would insist on deposing Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson and other key players in the whirlwind legal saga, according to a letter from Smollett’s legal team obtained by the Tribune.

“In light of their apparent vested interest in the matter, we are confident that Mayor Emanuel and Superintendent Johnson will not object to providing their testimony under oath,” attorney Mark Geragos states in the letter, which was addressed to the city’s corporation counsel and dated Thursday.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-met-jussie-smollett-responds-to-city-lawsuit-threat-20190404-story.html

Offline LottieDah

Smollett is a piece of garbage who is now empowered by the fact his friends in high places got the charges dropped. Pay up!!!!

Offline Applewood

I'm going to guess with the new mayor coming in, the bill for $130,000 will be forgotten.  Too bad because I think the city should go after Smollett's  home(s), car(s) and any other assets he may have.   Ruin the guy and his credit rating -- maybe he will see the wisdom in paying up.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 07:06:51 pm by Applewood »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I'm going to guess with the new mayor coming in, the bill for $130,000 will be forgotten.  Too bad because I think the city should go after Smollett's  home(s), car(s) and any other assets he may have.   Ruin the guy and his credit rating -- maybe he will see the wisdom in paying up.
if Smollet continues spending time in Chicago  he can likely expect some less-than-regal treatment if he ever crosses path with Chicago PD.

They do not like to be treated as idiots.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington