Author Topic: New Mayor Of Chicago’s Focus Is Fighting ‘Hate’  (Read 380 times)

rangerrebew

New Mayor Of Chicago’s Focus Is Fighting ‘Hate’
2:37 PM 04/03/2019 | Media
Virginia Kruta | Associate Editor

Lori Lightfoot was elected Mayor of Chicago on Tuesday — and while bankruptcy and violence plague her city, her agenda appears to be focused on stamping out “hate” with regard to the immigrant community.

Lightfoot, the city’s first black female openly-gay mayor, spoke to CNN on Wednesday about her landslide win and her plans for the city.

“I think that the most historic thing was beating the old entrenched Chicago machine and getting such a resounding mandate for change,” said Lightfoot after winning nearly 75 percent of the vote. “That gives me incredible joy and makes me feel very humble.” (RELATED: Lori Lightfoot Wins Chicago Mayoral Race, Will Fill Rahm Emanuel’s Spot)

The new mayor said that she intended to lead in a different direction than outgoing Mayor Rahm Emanuel — who famously eschewed federal funding over DACA and declared Chicago to be a “Trump-free zone.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/03/new-mayor-lightfoot-chicago-fighting-hate/

rangerrebew

Re: New Mayor Of Chicago’s Focus Is Fighting ‘Hate’
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 03:43:25 pm »
Sorry for you, Chicago!  Another liberal, bleeding heart, SJW who should bankrupt the city within a couple years. :facepalm2:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 03:43:52 pm »
'Hate' being code for getting rid of all the heretics, apostates, and infidels that don't have cult-like devotion to the leftist religion ideology.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 05:10:37 pm »
'Hate' being code for getting rid of all the heretics, apostates, and infidels that don't have cult-like devotion to the leftist religion ideology.

Exactly. She’s going to attempt to stamp out even honest disagreement.  How do you stamp out “hate?” Does the black on black violence in her community count as hate in her mind?

Chicago, by and large, like many other US cities, are sadly lost. Not just ideologically  speaking. But culturally, fiscally, and, subsequently, economically
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 09:47:49 pm »
I'm sure holding more candlelight vigils after the predicable drive-by shootings occur, with the new mayor in the lead,  will solve all of Chicago's violence problems.  :whistle:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 11:41:10 am »
She seems utterly clueless about - and not the least bit interested in - the nuts and bolts of running a city. Remember how a snowstorm helped get Jane Byrne into office. Ignoring the concerns of people like "Bill Swerski's superfans" and the day-to-day issues facing Chicagoans (especially black folk trying to avoid getting caught in gang crossfire), while focusing only on the rights of criminals, is going to make the city even more of a hellhole. Go for it, Lori.  *****rollingeyes*****

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 02:43:19 pm »
I maybe looking at this int he wrong way but a couple of things cross my mind.
1) Support the police. When they bring in criminals prosecute them and send them to jail, regardless of race, or fame, or legal status.
2) Stop with the style over substance. Reduce the feel good programs and focus on things like Church groups to aid citizens.
3) Reduce of eliminate city taxes for business. Make the city business friendly
4)Let honest citizens own firearms to defend themselves, and make it clear that they will not be prosecuted for using a weapon for LEGITIMATE self defense.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.