Author Topic: I Hate to Be Churlish when USCIS Seeks to Be Transparent, but . . .  (Read 235 times)

rangerrebew

I Hate to Be Churlish when USCIS Seeks to Be Transparent, but . . .

By David North on April 2, 2019

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services had its heart in the right place when it published a new data mining system for the H-1B program — but it shipped what appears to be a beta version, which is chock full of holes.

The new system is called "The H1-B Data Hub". You are supposed to be able to type in the name of an employer and the year of interest to see what was done with the H-1B applications submitted by that employer.

I casually entered the names of a couple of marginal institutions that I have been writing about, knowing that they were busy (perhaps too busy) users of the H-1B program, although on a small scale. My efforts to get data on Northwestern Polytechnic University (Fremont, Calif.) and Virginia International University (Fairfax, Va.) came up empty for years when I was sure that they were filing applications. Maybe I was not using the software correctly (I am anything but a computer wiz) or maybe those institutions had mishandled something.

https://cis.org/North/I-Hate-Be-Churlish-when-USCIS-Seeks-Be-Transparent