Author Topic: Clarence Thomas says he's not retiring for 30 years  (Read 362 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clarence Thomas says he's not retiring for 30 years
« on: April 03, 2019, 01:56:57 pm »
Clarence Thomas says he's not retiring for 30 years
by Katelyn Caralle
 | April 03, 2019 09:00 AM

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas says there's nothing to rumors he's considering retiring after more than 27 years on the bench.

“I’m not retiring,” Thomas, a leading conservative jurist, said while speaking at Pepperdine University School of Law’s annual dinner last weekend, Law360 reported. Thomas, 70, was responding to a question about who he would want to speak at his retirement part in 20 years.

Even when the moderator, Pepperdine’s incoming president James Allan Gash, expanded the retirement timeline to 30 years in the future, Thomas did not budge. That would bring Thomas up to an even 100 years old if still on the bench, and would at that point be its longest-serving member by far.

There is no evidence that Thomas was considering retiring from the Supreme Court. But some legal analysts have speculated that he could leave the bench while President Trump is still in the White House and could appoint a conservative justice to the seat he now holds.

Thomas was nominated by President George H. W. Bush n 1991 when Thurgood Marshall, a legendary liberal, announced his retirement.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/clarence-thomas-says-hes-not-retiring-for-30-years
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Clarence Thomas says he's not retiring for 30 years
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:58:22 pm »
Glad to hear this!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 02:19:29 pm »
A bit of good news this morning.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 04:16:02 pm »
I bet that puts a wild hair up the democrats.......er, I think I'll leave that as it is.

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 05:29:02 pm »
Best news I have heard all day.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 05:29:50 pm »
good