Author Topic: McConnell to Trump: We're not repealing and replacing Obamacare  (Read 942 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell to Trump: We're not repealing and replacing Obamacare
By Alexander Bolton - 04/02/19 02:57 PM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) told President Trump in a conversation Monday that the Senate will not be moving comprehensive health care legislation before the 2020 election, despite the president asking Senate Republicans to do that in a meeting last week.

McConnell said he made clear to the president that Senate Republicans will work on bills to keep down the cost of health care, but that they will not work on a comprehensive package to replace the Affordable Care Act, which the Trump administration is trying to strike down in court.

“We had a good conversation yesterday afternoon and I pointed out to him the Senate Republicans’ view on dealing with comprehensive health care reform with a Democratic House of Representatives,” McConnell told reporters Tuesday, describing his conversation with Trump.

“I was fine with Sen. Alexander and Sen. Grassley working on prescription drug pricing and other issues that are not a comprehensive effort to revisit the issue that we had the opportunity to address in the last Congress and were unable to do so,” he said, referring to Senate Health Committee Chairman Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and the failed GOP effort in 2017 to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/436973-mcconnell-to-trump-were-not-repealing-and-replacing-obamacare
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: McConnell to Trump: We're not repealing and replacing Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 08:56:08 pm »
How about concentrating on the darn border.  If we loose our country to the invasion that is going on, Bammycare isn't going to matter.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 09:04:46 pm »
Republicans never intended to repeal Obamacare.  They want government healthcare as much as the Democrats -- if not more so. 

And when I say, "Republicans," I also include Trump.  He's just making a big show to impress his fans.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 09:08:02 pm »
The headline’s a tad misleading. The senate doesn’t want to waste their time considering the nature of the house right now. Fine with me.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 12:08:49 am »
Whew!  I thought, when I first saw the headline, the Senate was going to do the Root and Branch thingy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 12:35:27 am »
Trump still does not understand HOW government works.  Just no way Obamacare would be replaced with the House under Democommie control.  You would think he understood that after being president two years.  Sadly, he is clueless.

He did not learn his lesson in 2017, he needs to come up on the losing end once more and waste time.  Gain control, voting control of both houses, and then attempt to dismantle Obamacare.  Or better yet, let it fall on its face, which means Americans suffer.  Having a 2/3rds majority to remove it will never happen.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 12:42:37 am »
Whew!  I thought, when I first saw the headline, the Senate was going to do the Root and Branch thingy.
@Cyber Liberty

Can't do Root and Branch when Dems have Master Lock on the tree.  If Reps. are really going to work on getting medicine cost lower, that is taking some leaves off the tree. 

If I was taking Uloric to reduce uric acid number, and I must reduce the number (it's a family genetic thing), the prescription for thirty days, is over $1,000 WITH INSURANCE.  Instead I take Allopurinol, which is $20 for thirty days with insurance, and does the same thing.  If Allopurinol wasn't available, I couldn't afford the over $1,000 for Uloric and uric acid crystals would build up in organs, joints and feet.  Ever had Gout?  That is uric acid crystals.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 02:55:10 am »
Quite frankly I think the sudden focus on Bammycare is nothing more than to divert attention away from the border crisis.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 02:58:03 am »
Maybe Trump should go back to lying about Mexico paying for the Wall.  Even Trumpers ain't buying his new lies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 03:04:55 am »
   He's talking about AFTER his re election in 2020.  Oh yee of little faith Briefers. (s)

Trump says health care plan will be first vote after 2020 election

By Tal Axelrod - 04/02/19 09:30 PM EDT

President Trump vowed Congress will be voting on a new health care package immediately after the 2020 election, touting the benefits of a plan he says Republicans are currently putting together.

Though he has not yet revealed any details of the health care package, the president said at a National Republican Congressional Committee dinner the proposal would help the GOP win the House of Representatives and the messaging war over the hot button issue.

“I will be asking that this be my first vote immediately after the election. We are going to regain the House because of health care and other things,” Trump said.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/437077-trump-touts-healthcare-plan-says-it-will-be-first-vote-after-2020
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 03:19:05 am »
   He's talking about AFTER his re election in 2020.  Oh yee of little faith Briefers. (s)

Trump says health care plan will be first vote after 2020 election

By Tal Axelrod - 04/02/19 09:30 PM EDT

President Trump vowed Congress will be voting on a new health care package immediately after the 2020 election, touting the benefits of a plan he says Republicans are currently putting together.

Though he has not yet revealed any details of the health care package, the president said at a National Republican Congressional Committee dinner the proposal would help the GOP win the House of Representatives and the messaging war over the hot button issue.

“I will be asking that this be my first vote immediately after the election. We are going to regain the House because of health care and other things,” Trump said.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/437077-trump-touts-healthcare-plan-says-it-will-be-first-vote-after-2020

Yeppers and he also has a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 03:44:10 am »
It's nice Trump can recycle his winning 2016 campaign promises in 2020 like Repeal and Replace, Build the Wall, Lock her up, Drain the Swamp, Eliminate the Debt, and Make America Great Again. :laugh:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 04:03:07 am »
The headline’s a tad misleading. The senate doesn’t want to waste their time considering the nature of the house right now. Fine with me.

Nice to hear a voice of reason among the rabble @skeeter  :beer:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 04:16:08 am »
Get the repeal legislation ready to put in the damned hopper.

The Rats always have their feces consolidated and their ducks aligned, it is high time these worthless Republican sacks of sh*t did the same.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 04:16:28 am »
“Trump says health care plan will be first vote after 2020 election”

Lmaooo
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 04:18:27 am »
Quite frankly I think the sudden focus on Bammycare is nothing more than to divert attention away from the border crisis.
Nah, it's all to distract people from things like Form 2016 deductions (Employee business expenses) disappearing for all the ordinary folks out there but not government employees. (personal cost: over 8K in deductible mileage and expenses).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 01:20:16 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 01:44:16 pm »
Get the repeal legislation ready to put in the damned hopper.

The Rats always have their feces consolidated and their ducks aligned, it is high time these worthless Republican sacks of sh*t did the same.

It'd be nice if three or four of the fullest sacks o shiite got primaried in the meantime.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 03:03:37 pm »
“Trump says health care plan will be first vote after 2020 election”

Lmaooo

@QueenCatofAragon

Sign on a bar:  "Free Beer Tomorrow!!"   :silly:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline QueenCatofAragon

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh