Author Topic: Sarah Palin calls not being invited to John McCain's funeral a 'gut punch'  (Read 955 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sarah Palin calls not being invited to John McCain's funeral a 'gut punch'
by Claude Thompson
 | April 01, 2019 08:15 PM

Sarah Palin opened up about not being invited to the late Sen. John McCain's funeral last year, calling it a "gut punch."

"I was kinda surprised to be publicly disinvited to the funeral. I think that was an unnecessary step," Palin said on "Good Morning Britain" with Piers Morgan. "They didn’t have to embarrass me and embarrass others. That was all weird. I hope that doesn’t happen to other people. It’s kind of a gut punch."

McCain, who died in August from brain cancer, reportedly planned his own funeral. Among other high-profile people not invited to his funeral was President Trump.

Palin, a former governor of Alaska, was picked as McCain's running mate when McCain went up against former President Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential race. Picking Palin was a move that McCain lamented as a mistake in his book, The Restless Wave, adding that he wished he had chosen his friend former Sen. Joe Lieberman instead.

Palin said she was used as a scapegoat to deflect away from the poor job McCain's team had done running the campaign.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/sarah-palin-calls-not-being-invited-to-john-mccains-funeral-a-gut-punch
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
John McCain 'gut punched' many people on his way out, which is characteristic of his mean-spirited vindictive nature.
The Democrats could not have paid me enough to attend his funeral. It was just another Wellstone type Democrat rally.
I would not fit-in there at all, and neither would Palin. They did her a favor.
If she had been there the Democrats would have used the situation to insult and berate her anyway.
She should be happy that she didn't go. It would have been a mess.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:01:23 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm glad she answered the question and didn't try to sugar-coat it.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Slide Rule

Palin nearly retrieved the campaign and this was what embarrassed not
only McLoser but his election committee.

They had Palin stand but not talk.

They could have won the election had it been Palin McCain with Palin
heading the ticket.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

heading the ticket.

I just don't get it. How the heck did McCain even win that primary?

I remember '08. I remember Duncan Hunter running on a platform almost identical to what Trump ran on in 2016, and getting only 1% of the vote.

At this point I just think the GOP chooses its candidates based on who's the most famous, and we wonder why we keep having trouble making policy gains.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Polly Ticks

Pretty sure a gut punch was exactly what it was meant to be.

The whole concept of "inviting" someone to a funeral is a little wonky.  I've been to many funerals, but I've never been invited to any of them.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

At this point I just think the GOP chooses its candidates based on who's the most famous, and we wonder why we keep having trouble making policy gains.
It does seem the RNC is behind either the one with the most name recognition or the one of whom they can say, "Well, it's his turn." McCain fell into both categories.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Maybe she really IS as stupid as people have been claiming?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Maybe she really IS as stupid as people have been claiming?

Why would you go to that, @sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

heading the ticket.

@Slide Rule

I agree,but McLunatic was being paid to lose,not win. Even then she kept going off-track and damn near winning it despite his best efforts to lose. The PLAN was to lose and be able to blame the loss on her.  That's why he hated her so much.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:25:53 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I just don't get it. How the heck did McCain even win that primary?

I remember '08. I remember Duncan Hunter running on a platform almost identical to what Trump ran on in 2016, and getting only 1% of the vote.

@jmyrlefuller

Close,but no cigar. The same people that pick the DNC candidate pick the GOP candidate. That's why Trump winning the GOP nomination blew up so many skirts. He wasn't supposed to win,and the establishment didn't even take him seriously because he couldn't,or wouldn't,follow a script.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Pretty sure a gut punch was exactly what it was meant to be.

The whole concept of "inviting" someone to a funeral is a little wonky.  I've been to many funerals, but I've never been invited to any of them.
McCain wanted 'control' of everything. Including his own funeral. He wanted to make it a kind party only for the 'cool kids', which were mostly Democrats.

I agree that when someone invites some people and bans others from coming, then it is no longer a funeral in the traditional sense. And the people who show after being invited are not truly mourners. They are only there because they were 'asked' to be there. That is certainly more than a little bizarre. But that was McCain. He died as he lived.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why would you go to that, @sneakypete?

@Sanguine

Because she would HAVE to be as stupid as claimed,or even dumber,to not realize by now that John McLunatic was NOT her friend in ANY sense of the word. He stabbed her in the back every chance he got during the campaign,and did and said everything he could do or say to belittle her and ridicule her.

If she still hasn't figured that out by now,there is no hope for her. She is really and truly a dumbass.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Because she would HAVE to be as stupid as claimed,or even dumber,to not realize by now that John McLunatic was NOT her friend in ANY sense of the word. He stabbed her in the back every chance he got during the campaign,and did and said everything he could do or say to belittle her and ridicule her.

If she still hasn't figured that out by now,there is no hope for her. She is really and truly a dumbass.

Why do you unwaveringly go for the worst possible explanation?  She is obviously not a dumbass, and there are all sorts of other reasons for her doing what she does.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm glad she feels that way.  It felt like a punch to my stomach when she bitched out the AZ GOP for refusing to back McStain in his last election.

I used to like her, but now she just seems like another opportunistic wretch.  Eff her.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why do you unwaveringly go for the worst possible explanation?  She is obviously not a dumbass, and there are all sorts of other reasons for her doing what she does.

@Sanguine

Uh,huh. Name ONE that doesn't require being a dummy.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Sanguine

Uh,huh. Name ONE that doesn't require being a dummy.

I think I just did that, @sneakypete

I never thought she was a "dummy," that was just a leftist trope to discredit her without actually looking at her. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think I just did that, @sneakypete

I never thought she was a "dummy," that was just a leftist trope to discredit her without actually looking at her.

@Cyber Liberty

Even today,with all  the evidence on full display,she STILL thinks McLunatic was a good and decent man,and a conservative.

That is the very definition of being a dummy,and I was one of the ones that would have voted for them if she had headed the ticket.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Even today,with all  the evidence on full display,she STILL thinks McLunatic was a good and decent man,and a conservative.

That is the very definition of being a dummy,and I was one of the ones that would have voted for them if she had headed the ticket.

@sneakypete

I'm glad you aren't just repeating the "I can see Russia from my house!" trope.  Leftists still say that, not knowing it's a Tina Fey quote.

Is she "stupid" for sucking up to McStain?  I don't think so, she's just being an opportunist.  It won't get her anything, it just makes her look foolish.
I will NOT comply.