Author Topic: US Census to collect responses in Arabic, six other languages for the first time  (Read 438 times)

Offline corbe

US Census to collect responses in Arabic, six other languages for the first time

By Owen Daugherty  - 04/01/19 09:50 AM EDT

The U.S. Census for the first time in 2020 will collect responses in Arabic, one of the fastest growing languages in the country.

NPR reports the federal government in addition to Arabic will also accept census responses in French, Haitian Creole, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese and Tagalog for the first time.

The 7 new languages added will bring the total to 13, more than doubling the previous amount of languages the government previously accepted for census responses.

English, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese were languages already accepted for the census.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/436697-us-census-to-collect-responses-in-arabic-six-other-languages-for-the
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And the balkanization of the United States continues.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Victoria33

And the balkanization of the United States continues.
@corbe
@txradioguy
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

Okay, we all know I am old, likely the oldest here.  Back in my 20s, I worked the census.  I felt safe to go to people's houses to do that; never thought about it not being a safe thing to do.  I would not do it now, no way.

I had all the documents with me to record the answers of the people.  Except for the relatively small town where I lived, the area given me to cover was country living.  There was a considerable number of blacks living in the country area.  They were thrilled I was there and treated me as a close friend although I didn't know any of them.  Those who had phones called their friends to tell them the "census lady is here".  It was like a party was starting.  Do you see the difference when compared to now?  Now, I wouldn't go to any house, regardless of the peoples' color, unless I knew the people there.  We live in dangerous times.

I remember well going to one house.  A young black lady came to the door and invited me in.  In answering questions, she said (and I remember her exact words), "We ain't married but I has (sic) to have a way to get along."  I said, "Of course you do", and kept asking her questions.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

The U.S. census for the first time in 2020 will collect responses in Arabic, one of the fastest growing languages in the country.

NPR reports the federal government in addition to Arabic will also accept census responses in French, Haitian Creole, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese and Tagalog for the first time.

English, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese were languages already accepted for the census.

NPR notes, according to an estimate from the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, that there are more than a million Arabic speakers in the United States. Of the million, more than a third do not speak English “very well.”

Oh, yaaaay....