Author Topic: 7 United flight passengers taken to hospitals after emergency landing over odor issue  (Read 659 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
7 United flight passengers taken to hospitals after emergency landing over odor issue
By Morgan Gstalter - 03/29/19 01:46 PM EDT

Seven passengers on a United Airlines flight were taken to Washington, D.C.-area hospitals Friday morning after the plane had to make an emergency landing following reports of an odor.

The plane, which was flying from Baltimore to San Francisco, made an emergency landing at Dulles International Airport after a fuel odor was reported.

United said in a statement to WJZ 13 News that there was a “strong odor” in the cabin of the Boeing 737 after takeoff.

“Customers were immediately deplaned and evaluated by medical personnel. Several customers were transported to local hospitals,” the company said.

According to the outlet, four passengers were taken to a Reston, Va., emergency room but were not admitted to the hospital. WJZ 13 also reported that one person was discharged and another three were pending discharge.

Passengers on the flight took to social media to describe the smell of fuel, which reportedly triggered chest pains, headaches and nausea.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/transportation/436481-7-united-flight-passengers-hospitalized-after-emergency-landing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

"Seven passengers on a United Airlines flight were taken to Washington, D.C.-area hospitals Friday morning after the plane had to make an emergency landing following reports of an odor."
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@QueenCatofAragon
@roamer_1

This plane was being flown by Bob's son, Robert.  We got a short email message from him, "I am good.  Okay".  He  tincluded the link to a TV channel there with the story you read above.

When we hear again, will put it on this thread.  Thanks goodness he is a super pilot.  He can take that whole plane apart and put it back together.

Offline Victoria33

The happening is on CNN right now after a commercial, maybe.

News: His crew are now being sent to Denver to pick up another plane and go on another assignment.
Another plane took the passengers from the emergency landing plane, to San Francisco where they were headed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 06:19:34 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Applewood

@Victoria33

United Airlines just can't catch a break these days, it seems. 

Glad Robert is ok. 

Offline roamer_1

I don't know what to say except that I too have emptied planes with the smell of gas.  :shrug:

:silly: I crack myself up!  :silly: :tongue2:

@Victoria33
Glad Robert is alright.  happy77

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
"Seven passengers on a United Airlines flight were taken to Washington, D.C.-area hospitals Friday morning after the plane had to make an emergency landing following reports of an odor."
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@QueenCatofAragon
@roamer_1

This plane was being flown by Bob's son, Robert.  We got a short email message from him, "I am good.  Okay".  He  tincluded the link to a TV channel there with the story you read above.

When we hear again, will put it on this thread.  Thanks goodness he is a super pilot.  He can take that whole plane apart and put it back together.

Oh gosh, I’m glad your son Robert is ok. @Victoria33 ❤️❤️❤️
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Victoria33

Oh gosh, I’m glad your son Robert is ok. @Victoria33 ❤️❤️❤️
@Freya

Robert said he could call us sometime today.  Perhaps we will learn what caused that gas smell in the cabin. We read somewhere about this incident and United said that emergency landing is the first one they have ever had.