Author Topic: ‘Unprecedented,’ ‘uncharted’: The largest border surge in Border Patrol history  (Read 1699 times)

Offline libertybele

Pres. Trump needs to shut down the border completely!!!!  Enough!!  This IS an invasion! Call in the Military -- open fire!

‘Unprecedented,’ ‘uncharted’: The largest border surge in Border Patrol history

The Department of Homeland Security has announced that the March border apprehension numbers will likely reach 100,000. A record 4,117 migrants were apprehended or “encountered” on Tuesday. If the numbers for March wind up smashing the February numbers, it would show an annual pace of 1.2 million.

Just how bad is it? Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council, told me emphatically that this is the “absolute worst” he’s seen it in 21 years of his work on the border. “We have never seen what we are dealing with today. It’s unprecedented and we’re in uncharted waters.”

Judd stressed the fact that while there were years where we had up to 1.5 million apprehensions during the 1990s and early 2000s, those were total arrests, not total number of people arrested. That is because almost all of those crossing were single adults from Mexico who were repatriated back to Mexico almost immediately. As such, many tried to come back again, and Border Patrol counted news arrests of the same individual multiple times. “Last decade, we arrested the same people multiple times in one year. For example, I caught the same group of seven people three times in the same shift, so although I made 21 arrests, it was still only seven people.”

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/unprecedented-uncharted-largest-border-surge-border-patrol-history/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
This is disgusting!   9999hair out0000

I caught a bit of Lou Dobbs last evening but didn't get to hear the whole segment.

It sounded like he was extremely pissed at the DHS Secretary Nielsen....  Dobbs was saying that she is screwing this all up.

Offline libertybele

I caught a bit of Lou Dobbs last evening but didn't get to hear the whole segment.

It sounded like he was extremely pissed at the DHS Secretary Nielsen....  Dobbs was saying that she is screwing this all up.

Ok ... so we've had the smoke and mirrors and horse and pony show from both sides.  The President declared a national emergency....so what the heck is he waiting for???

The ball is in Trump's court and has been.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

He needs to can her and get someone in there that will actually DO something!!

Offline libertybele

He needs to can her and get someone in there that will actually DO something!!

This lies in Trump's lap.  We have an ongoing invasion.  He knows it.  He's sent the military to the border; granted they mostly were processing asylum applications, so he now needs to shut down and ARM the border and allow the military to defend this country against invasion.

IMHO Congress needs to declare war against Mexico, Guatemala, etc.  It wouldn't take long to get things under control.

Offline EdJames

This lies in Trump's lap.  We have an ongoing invasion.  He knows it.  He's sent the military to the border; granted they mostly were processing asylum applications, so he now needs to shut down and ARM the border and allow the military to defend this country against invasion.

IMHO Congress needs to declare war against Mexico, Guatemala, etc.  It wouldn't take long to get things under control.

Can't count on Congress doing any of that....  Trump needs to do what ever it takes to militarize the border.  I agree with you, land mines and live fire.  A few days of it will take the starch out of these invaders.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Gosh, this sounds like a...national emergency.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

Can't count on Congress doing any of that....  Trump needs to do what ever it takes to militarize the border.  I agree with you, land mines and live fire.  A few days of it will take the starch out of these invaders.

888high58888

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Gosh, this sounds like a...national emergency.

Sure does. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Yes, I caught it too because my husband had it on.  He's pissed at Trump too.  Anyone who didn't catch it should watch.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

There was a report about a month ago that they were waiting on the Mexican side and the Border Patrol were bringing them in.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

And they put concertina wire and the Mexicans stole it.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Posted earlier, but I'll repeat:

DO SOMETHING to get things back under control.

MILITARIZE the border with regular Army troops, by the thousands.

CLOSE entry points until control can be obtained.

REPEL border incursions with whatever force is required, INCLUDING deadly force.

GET UNDERWAY with the border barrier construction.
Worry about the implications with Congress and the courts later.

Gee, that was easy.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Posted earlier, but I'll repeat:

DO SOMETHING to get things back under control.

MILITARIZE the border with regular Army troops, by the thousands.

CLOSE entry points until control can be obtained.

REPEL border incursions with whatever force is required, INCLUDING deadly force.

GET UNDERWAY with the border barrier construction.
Worry about the implications with Congress and the courts later.

Gee, that was easy.

It was.  I would add stop the benefits that bring them.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 01:10:14 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline libertybele

The President needs to shutdown the border, call in the military and let them defend our country!  He declared a national emergency.  IF he doesn't act NOW we will know his true intentions.

DHS and border patrol have been making it known that they are overwhelmed ...yet Trump still does nothing.  He keeps saying that he's going to shutdown the border, so WHY hasn't he?

He shutdown the government and he dinked around with Nancy and Chuckie.  I think most of us are fed up with the failure of our government to do something.  Both sides are responsible!

Offline Chosen Daughter

The President needs to shutdown the border, call in the military and let them defend our country!  He declared a national emergency.  IF he doesn't act NOW we will know his true intentions.

DHS and border patrol have been making it known that they are overwhelmed ...yet Trump still does nothing.  He keeps saying that he's going to shutdown the border, so WHY hasn't he?

He shutdown the government and he dinked around with Nancy and Chuckie.  I think most of us are fed up with the failure of our government to do something.  Both sides are responsible!

Uh, the President is very busy now.  He has investigations to start.  Tweets to make.  No time for protecting America.

Offline libertybele

Uh, the President is very busy now.  He has investigations to start.  Tweets to make.  No time for protecting America.

That's right, he's got to roll out a healthcare plan.  So much to do instead.

Offline libertybele

The reports continue to roll in.  The numbers of illegals pouring in are rising at alarming rates.  The President keeps threatening that he's going to shut the border down.  Instead of repeating that threat  Mr. President, just DO IT!!!!  SHUT DOWN THE DAMN BORDER!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-threatens-to-close-southern-border-amid-immigration-surge

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mark-morgan-trump-critics-say-theres-no-emergency-at-the-border-the-numbers-show-they-are-wrong

Offline GrouchoTex

The reports continue to roll in.  The numbers of illegals pouring in are rising at alarming rates.  The President keeps threatening that he's going to shut the border down.  Instead of repeating that threat  Mr. President, just DO IT!!!!  SHUT DOWN THE DAMN BORDER!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-threatens-to-close-southern-border-amid-immigration-surge

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mark-morgan-trump-critics-say-theres-no-emergency-at-the-border-the-numbers-show-they-are-wrong

It is disheartening to any of us living in a border state, who see the crimes committed by and against the illegal aliens, on a daily basis.
The disheartening part is nearly 1/2 of the country, the Dems, ignore or falsely claim the there is no crisis, or emergency.

Offline libertybele

It is disheartening to any of us living in a border state, who see the crimes committed by and against the illegal aliens, on a daily basis.
The disheartening part is nearly 1/2 of the country, the Dems, ignore or falsely claim the there is no crisis, or emergency.

Living in FL we have an abundance of illegals from various parts; Cuba, Mexico, Columbia, Guatemala, Haiti, Rowanda, etc. 

At the rate that the illegals are pouring in EVERY state will experience problems.  By the time people wake up to what is going on and actually believe that there is a crisis, it will be way too late.  We will have lost our country.  Thanks you RINO's and DEMS.

Waiting on Trump to DO something!!!!

Offline Victoria33

I found out yesterday why border agents say the wall will no help unless the system is changed.
The wall will go on our side on land.  The illegals come over the river and also land on our land before the wall starts.  The agent is required to go past the wall and bring them in because they are on our land.
Unless Trump changes the system rules, where the river is, we will still be bringing them in no matter if there is a wall. 

Offline libertybele

I found out yesterday why border agents say the wall will no help unless the system is changed.
The wall will go on our side on land.  The illegals come over the river and also land on our land before the wall starts.  The agent is required to go past the wall and bring them in because they are on our land.
Unless Trump changes the system rules, where the river is, we will still be bringing them in no matter if there is a wall.

@Victoria33 keep in mind that is only one portion of the border.  In FL we have a huge influx from Cuba and this year it has been reported that there is a surge coming in seeking asylum due to 'fear'.

The border wall isn't going to completely halt illegal immigration but it would be a huge detriment that would allow border patrol to focus on other areas.Yes, laws need to be changed and perhaps equally as important is that existing laws need to be enforced.

Clearly our immigration system is broken and corrupt. 

Pres. Trump won his seat based on building a wall and getting illegal immigration under control.  I and millions of others are waiting for him to do something.  This should have been his priority since he took office. Unfortunately things are out of control and I'm not so sure that it's not already too late to adequately protect this country from the massive invasion that is occurring.

Offline Victoria33

@libertybele

You said, "keep in mind that is only one portion of the border.  In FL we have a huge influx from Cuba and this year it has been reported that there is a surge coming in seeking asylum due to 'fear'."

I should have been clearer - I meant the southern border where the divide is the Rio Grande River.  Where the divider of the two counties is solid land, the wall is put on the dividing line.  None of our land is behind the wall like it is when the border is the river.  Two problems with two answers.  We don't have the answer for those coming across the water.  Once they get out of the water, they are on our land and being taken around the wall.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

You said, "keep in mind that is only one portion of the border.  In FL we have a huge influx from Cuba and this year it has been reported that there is a surge coming in seeking asylum due to 'fear'."

I should have been clearer - I meant the southern border where the divide is the Rio Grande River.  Where the divider of the two counties is solid land, the wall is put on the dividing line.  None of our land is behind the wall like it is when the border is the river.  Two problems with two answers.  We don't have the answer for those coming across the water.  Once they get out of the water, they are on our land and being taken around the wall.

Ok...a little more clearer -- thanks for the info.  You are absolutely right, the only way that's going to change is changing policy & procedures and law(s).

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

That is VERY interesting.