Author Topic: Cook County prosecutor who dropped hoax charges says he believes Jussie Smollett is guilty  (Read 274 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The Cook County prosecutor who dropped the charges against Jussie Smollett said Tuesday he believes the actor is guilty, but decided not to prosecute him anyway.

“I do not believe he is innocent,” First Assistant Cook’s County State’s Attorney Joseph Magats told CBS Chicago.

Does he think Mr. Smollet is guilty? “Yes,” he replied.

Even so, he said he opted to drop the 16 felony counts stemming from the alleged hate-crime hoax based on the “Empire” star’s lack of criminal background and other factors.

“Based on his all the facts and circumstances. Based on his lack of criminal background. I mean, we defer or do alternative prosecutions — in the last two years, we’ve done it on 5,700 other felony cases,” said Mr. Magats, a 28-year
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/26/joseph-magats-prosecutor-who-dropped-jussie-smolle/
At a minimum, this prosecutor should step down or be removed from office.

BTW, an appropriate name
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 12:05:04 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington