Author Topic: New ordinance would make passing food, money to panhandlers illegal (Fresno)  (Read 431 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So it is now illegal to give money to beggars in Fresno. I'll just leave this right here.....

FRESNO, California -- Corners at intersections in most major cities are popular places for panhandlers to solicit money from passing cars. Rick Baker is one of those who stands with a sign, hoping for a donation.

"I do this so I can eat," he said. "I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I do nothing. I just want to eat." ....

https://abc13.com/5208744/

Offline mountaineer

When does the next griftathon begin?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
When does the next griftathon begin?

As soon as they can make enough "Will Work for Server Repair" signs.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I've seen this before in other cities which have have shut down private and church charities for the homeless. The premise was that they cannot hand out food because the food had not been approved by a City Health Inspector. Therefore it may be harmful. How it could be more harmful than eating out of a dumpster which some homeless do regularly was not explained.

As far as panhandlers, there is some legitimate concern about them. They have been known to literally attack, that is mug, people for a 'donation'. Also, they tend to block traffic and enter the road which makes them a safety hazard both for themselves and for commuters. I've have seen them banging on car windows and trying to open doors of cars for a 'contribution'. And of course, there is the age old scam that as soon as someone opens their wallet or purse to give a dollar, they grab the whole thing and run. This is very common.

The idea that homeless want food, is most often not the case. There are places around most cities where homeless can eat for free. They don't want food. They want cash, and only cash. If you offer them a sandwich most of them will throw in on the ground. "I don't want no damn sammich bitch! Gib me some money dammit!" is a common reaction.

The question is how this will be enforced. Many homeless people consider jail to be a hotel, with food, running water, AC, and a real bed. So there is no real way to 'punish' them. I mean a month or two in jail to them is like, so what? It is not like they have anything else to do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.