Author Topic: Sen. Menendez Calls for Twitter to Stop Spreading Software That Can Help Make Weapons  (Read 348 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
OMG.. ban CNC machines and 3D printers....

I suggest everyone download every gun blueprint they can, they may be the next banned book.

Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) made a direct call to Twitter chieftain Jack Dorsey asking him to eliminate tweets from a particular user, @ivanthetroll12, as revealed in a press release from the senator's office earlier this month.

Ivanthetroll12 twitter
The letter read in part:
Dear Mr. Dorsey,
I write to express concern regarding Twitter's decision to allow its users to publicize links to downloadable blueprints for 3D-printed firearms. I ask that you take immediate steps to remove such links, as well as the ability to directly message these links from your platform....I do not believe one of the country's most prominent tech companies should be facilitating access to these deadly weapons....
On February 22, 2019 the user @IvanTheTroll12 tweeted his plans to release blueprints for a 3D-printed AR-15 firearm. The following day, @IvanTheTroll12 tweeted a direct download link to a website whereby anyone is free to download the blueprints....if foreign users are able to access the website and the blueprints, the publication of these blueprints violates the law. I urge you to take immediate action to remove the publication of the links. In addition, I would like to know what Twitter is doing to ensure that other users do not use your platform for such nefarious and potentially unlawful actions in the future.........

https://reason.com/blog/2019/03/19/sen-menendez-calls-out-twitter-for-sprea