Author Topic: Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro Visited the CIA During His Trip to the U.S.  (Read 238 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro Visited the CIA During His Trip to the U.S.

Bolsonaro underscored the difference between his administration and that of former President Dilma Rousseff by stopping by CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, to discuss “international themes in the region,” according to his son, Eduardo, a Brazilian lawmaker accompanying him on his first bilateral overseas trip.

Eduardo Bolsonaro described the CIA as “one of the most respected intelligence agencies in the world,” in a tweet that was likely to raise eyebrows back home in Brazil, where the U.S. and its spy services have been regarded with suspicion in recent years.

“For the first time in a while, a pro-America Brazilian president arrives in DC,” he said in the tweet. “It’s the beginning of a partnership focused on liberty and prosperity, something that all of us Brazilians have long wished for.”

Read more at: http://time.com/5553999/brazil-president-jair-bolsonaro-cia/

A lot of stuff in this article we might not otherwise know, even with the journalists using the word "far-right", seemingly objected to by some, I don't think anyone else besides AP is reporting on this visit to CIA headquarters.  The terminology is really, no big deal to me, I'd have more problems if I were nit-picking, with the execution of that female politician in Brazil that Fox News (Shannon Bream) asked about in the other article.  Overall, a pretty good article.