Author Topic: Senate Dem calls on Trump to apologize for attacks on McCain  (Read 1710 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Dem calls on Trump to apologize for attacks on McCain
« on: March 17, 2019, 02:09:16 pm »
Senate Dem calls on Trump to apologize for attacks on McCain
By Kyle Balluck - 03/17/19 10:01 AM EDT

Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) on Sunday called on President Trump to apologize for tweets attacking the late Sen. John McCain.

"I've long thought that his personal and direct attacks on Sen. McCain was one of the most detestable things about President Trump's conduct as a candidate," Coons said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Trump earlier Sunday criticized McCain a second consecutive day amid reports that an associate of the late Republican senator from Arizona had shared a dossier of allegations about Trump's ties to Russia with the media.

"So it was indeed (just proven in court papers) 'last in his class' (Annapolis) John McCain that sent the Fake Dossier to the FBI and Media hoping to have it printed BEFORE the Election," Trump tweeted. "He & the Dems, working together, failed (as usual). Even the Fake News refused this garbage!"

The president in a tweet on Saturday quoted former independent counsel Ken Starr, who called it a "very dark stain" that McCain had helped spread the dossier.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/434431-senate-dem-calls-on-trump-to-apologize-for-attacks-on-mccain
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Senate Dem calls on Trump to apologize for attacks on McCain
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 02:13:52 pm »
Trump jabs 'last in his class' John McCain for role in disseminating dossier
by Daniel Chaitin
 | March 17, 2019 09:11 AM
 | Updated Mar 17, 2019, 09:33 AM

President Trump attacked the late Sen. John McCain in a salvo of tweets Sunday morning, reacting to court documents released last week about the so-called Trump dossier that contains unverified claims about his ties to Russia and the Arizona Republican's role in spreading it.

"Report: Christopher Steele backed up his Democrat & Crooked Hillary paid for Fake & Unverified Dossier with information he got from 'send in watchers' of low ratings CNN. This is the info that got us the Witch Hunt!" Trump tweeted, naming the author of the dossier, British ex-spy Christopher Steele.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-jabs-last-in-his-class-john-mccain-for-role-in-disseminating-dossier
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 02:15:18 pm »
Screw Coons. McCain deserved criticism. He embodied everything that is wrong with the Republican Party.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 02:21:26 pm »
McCain was the Democrat's favorite type of Republican: one who only seemed to criticize other Republicans, and who now can't be reached for comment.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 02:47:57 pm »
Meghan McCain Rips Trump: ‘No One Will Ever Love You the Way They Loved my Father’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/16/meghan-mccain-rips-trump-no-one-will-ever-love-you-the-way-they-loved-my-father/
Support the USO

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 02:58:56 pm »
Pretty sad we have a president who feels compelled to pick on a guy who is dead.    He needs a new, living scapegoat to blame. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 03:11:17 pm »
   I nominate these two @Applewood

AND he'll get Bonus Points since it's claimed they're both still alive.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 03:31:34 pm »
Pretty sad we have a president who feels compelled to pick on a guy who is dead.    He needs a new, living scapegoat to blame.

Bullshit @Applewood  The media tells you to jump and you ask "how high?" 

Here's what the nutjob Johnny was busy doing during the Trump transition:

Court files reveal role of McCain, associate in spreading anti-Trump dossier

Newly unsealed court filings show the office of the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., shared with the FBI and a host of media outlets the unverified dossier that alleged the Russians had compromising information on now-President Trump.

McCain had denied being the source for BuzzFeed after it published the dossier, which was funded by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, but had acknowledged giving it to the FBI.

In a newly unsealed declaration from September, former senior counterintelligence FBI agent Bill Priestap confirmed that the FBI received a copy of the first 33 pages of the dossier in December 2016 from McCain.

In another filing, David Kramer -- a former State Department official and McCain associate -- said in a Dec. 13, 2017, deposition that the dossier was given to him by author and former British spy Christopher Steele, which he then provided to more than a dozen journalists at outlets including CNN, BuzzFeed and The Washington Post. The details were first reported by The Daily Caller.

The report was also shared with State Department official Victoria Nuland, Obama National Security Council official Celeste Wallander and Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill.

The filings were unsealed as part of an ongoing libel case against BuzzFeed by a Russian businessman.

In his deposition, Kramer said that McCain gave a copy of the dossier to then-FBI Director James Comey on Dec. 9. Kramer told investigators that it was the sense from Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson that “having Senator McCain provide it to the FBI would give it a little more oomph than it had had up until that point.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/court-files-reveal-role-of-mccain-aide-in-spreading-anti-trump-dossier 

And McCain's death does not erase this:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 03:42:27 pm »
Bullshit @Applewood  The media tells you to jump and you ask "how high?" 

Media doesn't tell me how to think.   I can see with my own eyes that Trump is a child in a man's body.  He's the schoolyard bully who has to have someone to pick on.   Even a dead guy will do.

Trump supporters on the other hand need their hero to tell them who is good and who is bad. 

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 03:53:12 pm »
Media doesn't tell me how to think.   

I do not agree.  Nothing you post supports this.

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 04:01:30 pm »
BTW, for those who accept the media spew as gospel, this is not an "attack" on McCain.  It is simply the truth. 

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

So it was indeed (just proven in court papers) “last in his class” (Annapolis) John McCain that sent the Fake Dossier to the FBI and Media hoping to have it printed BEFORE the Election. He & the Dems, working together, failed (as usual). Even the Fake News refused this garbage!

5:41 AM - 17 Mar 2019

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier “is unfortunately a very dark stain against John McCain.” Ken Starr, Former Independent Counsel. He had far worse “stains” than this, including thumbs down on repeal and replace after years of campaigning to repeal and replace!

1:46 PM - 16 Mar 2019

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 04:05:25 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 04:54:28 pm »
Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) on Sunday called on President Trump to apologize for tweets attacking the late Sen. John McCain.

Of course he did. The Rats always defend their own.

Good riddance to McCain. He always stabbed conservatives in the back when we needed his vote.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 06:12:04 pm »
Coons and McStain's bubble-headed daughter can suck it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 07:13:30 pm »
BTW, for those who accept the media spew as gospel, this is not an "attack" on McCain.  It is simply the truth.

Might be the truth, but that doesn't change the fact that Trump is a bully.  Why can't he just shut up once in a while?

By the way, so what if McCain did not do well at Annapolis?  At least, he served, which is more than I can say for Mr. 4F Trump. 

No, I never liked McCain as a politician, but the man is dead now.  Time to leave the guy alone.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 07:47:45 pm by Applewood »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 07:31:11 pm »
Might be the truth, but that doesn't change the fact that Trump is a bully.  Why can't he just shut up once in a while?

By the way, so what if McCain did not do well at Annapolis?  At least, he served, which is more than I can say for Mr. 4F Trump. 

No, I never liked McCain as a politician, but the man is dead now.  Time too leave the guy alone.

Nope, it's not time to "leave him alone."  I'm tired of burying Rat scandals because "It's too late anyway."  This is how Hillary Clinton got off the hook.  McCain was a snake in the grass his entire political career, and that is a story that needs to be told.  If we don't cast some sunlight on nefarious deeds, they will never be disinfected. 

The MSM isn't about to do it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 07:35:20 pm »

No, I never liked McCain as a politician, but the man is dead now.  Time too leave the guy alone.

@Applewood

Come on, man.  Seriously...

Of course the POTUS was going to tweet about the public discovery of McCain's involvement in phony evidence used in securing FISA Court warrants.

It all arises out of John McCain's being consumed with the need for revenge......"I'll get you, you bleeping SOB!!!"  And your little dog, too!

Look at the lengths this MFer went to bring down candidate and later, POTUS Trump, just because he went 'Don Rickles' on him early in the campaign?

And we're supposed to believe it's all because of, "I prefer my heroes not captured!"?

President Trump hasn't changed one bit.  And he hasn't lost any voters.  He's probably over 100 million by now, however.

Should be enough...    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 07:43:17 pm »

Why should President Trump keep quiet against a man who tried to take him down??  He has every right to speak out and point out the cockroach that McCain was.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 07:47:02 pm »
Why should President Trump keep quiet against a man who tried to take him down??  He has every right to speak out and point out the cockroach that McCain was.

Because the man is dead.  And I think Trump has already made his feelings about McCain known over and over again while McCain was alive.  He does not need to beat the guy up again now that he's dead. 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 07:50:01 pm »
Because the man is dead.  And I think Trump has already made his feelings about McCain known over and over again while McCain was alive.  He does not need to beat the guy up again now that he's dead.

He does, when McCain was the Friday night new dump in an attempt to shield his complicity in the phony Russian Interference bullshit.

And furthermore, your outrage here rings hollow.   You're trolling.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 07:50:36 pm »
   Alive or Dead, both are beneath the Dignity of POTUS.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 07:51:42 pm »
@Applewood

Come on, man.  Seriously...

Of course the POTUS was going to tweet about the public discovery of McCain's involvement in phony evidence used in securing FISA Court warrants.

It all arises out of John McCain's being consumed with the need for revenge......"I'll get you, you bleeping SOB!!!"  And your little dog, too!

Look at the lengths this MFer went to bring down candidate and later, POTUS Trump, just because he went 'Don Rickles' on him early in the campaign?

And we're supposed to believe it's all because of, "I prefer my heroes not captured!"?

President Trump hasn't changed one bit.  And he hasn't lost any voters.  He's probably over 100 million by now, however.

Should be enough...    :laugh:

So because Trump has plenty of voters,  it's OK for him to beat up on a dead guy? 

If he has that many voters, it just shows to me that they have as much class and decorum as Trump has.  Which is zero. 

Trump has said enough about McCain.  More than enough. It's time for Trump to shaddup. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 07:53:08 pm »

Yes.  He's dead and he did some horrible things while he was alive including trying to conspire with DEMS to take down our President.  So, should that go completely unrecognized because he's dead?  People need to know the truth; the truth about how negatively he affected the GOP.   He's dead and the truth can now come out about him.  The family of course will try to silence that truth.  I would love to see Dinesh D'Souza take on that task.  You know darn well that 'Hollywood' will try to paint him as the hero that he wasn't.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 07:53:57 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2019, 07:53:42 pm »

To hell, you say!   

Not with this media, it isn't.

It's a necessity.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2019, 07:55:37 pm »

It goes both ways @corbe.  What John Sydney McCain did is beneath the dignity of a sitting Senator.