Author Topic: Serbian protesters enter state TV headquarters in Belgrade  (Read 245 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Serbian protesters enter state TV headquarters in Belgrade
« on: March 17, 2019, 04:06:23 am »
Serbian protesters enter state TV headquarters in Belgrade
DUSAN STOJANOVIC

BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — Demonstrators protesting the autocratic rule of Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic burst into state-run TV headquarters in Belgrade on Saturday to denounce a broadcaster whose reporting they consider highly biased.

Helmeted and baton-wielding riot police arrived at the scene in the Serbian capital and tried to evict hundreds of people, including some opposition leaders, who had entered the downtown building. Some protest leaders said they won't leave until they are given time on the main evening news.

There were reports of injuries during the scuffles. Thousands of opposition supporters who gathered in front of the building chanted to the police officers: "shame on you, arrest Vucic!"

Read more at: https://news.yahoo.com/serbs-montenegrins-protest-against-autocratic-rulers-191030739.html

I tried to find out what these weekly protests have been about in Serbia, it seems a lot of people are protesting different things, they just show up to protest. A clear answer can't be given. One place I read said protests against Western values... but.... I think the current Serbian government indeed, is friendly towards Russian, yet, they want the guy to resign? Vucic to resign?

Anyway, that place was a cauldron in the '90s..... so seeing how it lives now, how it is getting along now is of interest to me.

Sounds like the Mosque shooter was pretty intrigued by the wars in the early '90s, it sounds like this piqued his interest more than anything, traveling to Turkey and indeed, Bulgaria, where that Cyrillic writing is used as in Russia, Serbia and other countries.

Protests in Albania now too, they used a water hose on protesters there.

So, lots of these protests seemingly everywhere...

https://balkaninsight.com/2019/03/16/serbian-protesters-storm-national-broadcaster-building/
Pictures at link.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 04:25:09 am by TomSea »