Author Topic: THE HILL: Top Pentagon officials say Google work is 'benefiting the Chinese military'  (Read 363 times)

rangerrebew

TheHill.com
Top Pentagon officials say Google work is 'benefiting the Chinese military'
By Harper Neidig - 03/14/19 12:30 PM EDT

Top defense officials on Thursday blasted Google for its work in China, saying that the company’s efforts are serving the interests of the U.S. adversary.

“The work that Google is doing in China is indirectly benefiting the Chinese military,” Gen. Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the Senate Armed Services Committee in a hearing.

“We watch with great concern when industry partners work in China knowing there is that indirect benefit,” Dunford added. “And frankly, ‘indirect’ may not be a full characterization of the way it really is, it’s more of a direct benefit to the Chinese military.”

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/434064-top-pentagon-officials-say-google-work-is-benefiting-the-chinese-military?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ebb%2015.03.19&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Military%20-%20Early%20Bird%20Brief

Offline RetBobbyMI

Don’t doubt the accusations, so where is the DOJ?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Google is not our friend.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Google is not our friend.
Hence I use DuckDuckGo as my search engine. No tracking.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hence I use DuckDuckGo as my search engine. No tracking.

I use Ixquick, and ditto.  And, I don't use gmail.