Author Topic: Newsrooms that rushed to report tax refunds were smaller this year go silent on IRS data showing ref  (Read 352 times)

rangerrebew

Newsrooms that rushed to report tax refunds were smaller this year go silent on IRS data showing refunds have increased

Tax refunds are up from where they were this time last year by 1.3 percent following the fourth week of the 2019 filing season, according to new Internal Revenue Service data.

To be more specific, the average tax refund has increased to $3,143 from $3,103 last February, according to cumulative statistics comparing the 2018 and 2019 filing seasons.

Oddly enough, certain newsrooms have responded to this development with total silence. I say “odd,” because it was just a few weeks ago that these same newsrooms rushed to report that tax refunds were smaller this year, suggesting either implicitly or explicitly that the decrease was tied to the Republican Party’s tax reform bill.

https://truepundit.com/newsrooms-that-rushed-to-report-tax-refunds-were-smaller-this-year-go-silent-on-irs-data-showing-refunds-have-increased/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

I  got into an argument about this topic with a bunch of liberals on a comments section for a news station in my state.
The libs whined that because of the tax cuts, people are getting smaller refunds. They actually thought people were getting less money because of lower taxes.
I told them that was because most likely they're having less taken out of their paychecks.  The best refund anybody should get is zero. That means they're keeping more of their money than letting politicians spend it foolishly.
I didn't get any return comments from the libs after I posted that comment.

Online Polly Ticks

Tax results are being influenced as much by changes in withholding as tax rates themselves, and that is something we can actually control.  Although in my case, the Kentucky state tax is different enough from the Federal that it makes it a little bit awkward to find the right balance.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
It is difficult to get through to people who beat their thumbs with rocks to cure a headache.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com