Author Topic: The Latest: US officials: No plan to use arms in Venezuela  (Read 224 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Latest: US officials: No plan to use arms in Venezuela
Thursday, March 7, 2019

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — The Latest on the political crisis in Venezuela (all times local):

Trump administration officials say there are no U.S. plans to intervene militarily in the crisis in Venezuela. That's despite the fact that President Donald Trump and others have repeatedly said all options on are on the table to support the ouster of President Nicolas Maduro.

The special envoy for Venezuela Elliott Abrams and director of the U.S. Agency for International Development Mark Green told Congress that the administration is promoting a peaceful political transition in Venezuela. Both said their instructions were to work only to that end.

Abrams said the administration was wholly focused on exerting diplomatic and economic pressure on Maduro through sanctions. He said more sanctions would soon be announced and foreign banks may be targeted if they are found to be assisting Maduro in hiding state assets.

Read more at: https://www.chron.com/news/article/The-Latest-EU-laments-Venezuela-s-expulsion-of-13669780.php#item-85307-tbla-4

A counter argument by Max Blumenthal against Guiado is made here. I read articles, it may bother me for a time but then, I move on. I do believe in trying to find out as much as I can in judging situations.

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/01/29/the-making-of-juan-guaido-how-the-us-regime-change-laboratory-created-venezuelas-coup-leader/

It is not flattering but I don't think anything in there is really damning, not much substance.

So, Blumenthal is arguing this is about regime change, hey, there are 3,000,000 refugees....

Over a million in Colombia, 260,000 here, over 200,000 in Spain and the list goes on. I say again, this is really about a refugee crisis and ask these people how they feel about the situation.