Author Topic: Ilhan Omar says her refusal to 'pledge allegiance' to Israel does not make her antisemitic  (Read 341 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ilhan Omar says her refusal to 'pledge allegiance' to Israel does not make her antisemitic
Zamira Rahim
,The Independent•March 4, 2019

Ilhan Omar has defended herself in the face of criticism after saying she should not need to "have allegiance [or] pledge support" to Israel to serve in the US Congress.

The Minnesota representative was involved in a heated exchange on Twitter with Nita Lowey, a fellow Democratic politician, over her recent comments about the influence of pro-Israel groups in Washington.

"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country," Ms Omar said, at an event on Wednesday, according to The New York Times.

Her statement was immediately criticised by figures on both sides of the aisle in Congress, for using stereotypes about Jewish people.

"I am saddened that Rep. Omar continues to mischaracterize support for Israel," Ms Lowey said on Twitter.

more
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ilhan-omar-says-her-refusal-085230217.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Who does she think she is, Ron Paul?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Bill Cipher

She’s being a disingenouous liar. Nobody asked her to pledge allegiance to Israel.