Author Topic: U.S. declines to elaborate on Pompeo labeling Taliban terrorists  (Read 553 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
U.S. declines to elaborate on Pompeo labeling Taliban terrorists

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. State Department spokesman on Tuesday declined to elaborate on a comment by U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday in which he called the Afghan Taliban terrorists.

“The secretary’s words speak for themselves and I am not going to go beyond that,” spokesman Robert Palladino told a briefing. He said U.S. and Taliban representatives currently are meeting in Doha.

The United States has not declared the Taliban a terrorist organization.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-afghanistan-talks/u-s-declines-to-elaborate-on-pompeo-labeling-taliban-terrorists-idUSKCN1QM2IT

That's interesting, I can see the "good Taliban, bad Taliban" argument but I really thought, it'd be no problem to call them terrorists, don't they suicide bomb and do much else? And they are not even a declared terrorist organization? That's surprising.

Online mountaineer

Re: U.S. declines to elaborate on Pompeo labeling Taliban terrorists
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 12:20:00 pm »
I assumed they already were considered terrorists, along with Al Qaeda and ISIS.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: U.S. declines to elaborate on Pompeo labeling Taliban terrorists
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 04:00:15 pm »
I hear Taliban and all I can think of is this, maybe because I was just listening to it.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1